The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3rd DoT (Pyrotech)

Grobiou

I'm doing something wrong or the 3rd DoT that I apply doesn't show up in the logs. DoT damage is Burning(Tech) but when a 3rd effect is present (3 Icons showing up in the UI) I can't find a 3rd DoT ticking every 1.5secs. Can someone here confirm if you are getting 3 Burning(Tech) per 1.5secs or just 2?

Just in case that someone could be interested on this, I found out the answer: Pyrotech DoTs tick every 3secs. As the GCD is 1.5s, when you use 3 consecutive attacks that apply a DoT then you get one that will not tick with the other two.

Just in case that someone could be interested on this, I found out the answer: Pyrotech DoTs tick every 3secs. As the GCD is 1.5s, when you use 3 consecutive attacks that apply a DoT then you get one that will not tick with the other two.

Hmm, does this also mean that full pyro dps is actually higher than is being reported by our parsers?

It's just mean that Pyro DoT damages happens every 3secs instead of every 1.5secs. I don't get why they would do it like that.

Let's say you start a fight at 0 secs. If your first attack includes a DoT then the first DoT damage will happen at 0secs but the next damage will happen at 3.0 secs. You can attack again at 1.5 secs and if that 2nd attack also include a DoT then it will do damage (at 1.5 secs) but the next damage of that 2nd DoT will happen at 4.5 secs. So, you will see one DoT damage happening every 1.5 secs. If you add a 3rd DoT then you will see: 2 DoT damage, 1 DoT damage, 2 DoT damage, 1 DoT damage, etc...

Edited by Grobiou
To add an example