The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Mortis' voice (spoiler)

cirruz

Does anyone know why (or even if) the voice actor has been changed with Darth Mortis? His voice is very different in the Macrobinoculars quest line than in the ending of the inquisitor story line (chapter 3). Perhaps I haven't seen something I should but still, it's annoying.

I also liked his voice better in the inquisitor class story, not only because I was somewhat used to it.

Here is from the ending of the sith inquisitor class story line when he spoke;

I copied the youtube link from where he almost exactly speaks, so it isn't the start of the council chambers cutscene. Mortis is wearing a columi wrapped allround armor.

And here is from the Macrobinoculars quest line (somewhat spoiling);

Mortis is the one talking directly after the droid get a holopicture of someone.

Edited by cirruz

I noticed the change as well, to my great regret. The origin voice of Mortis was so sophisticated, the new one is rather hard and cold.

Since no one besides the important characters actually has a genuine voice credit in this game, it's hard to research the situation since nobody knows who's voicing whom (I for instance would still love to know who's voicing Marr), but the safest bet at the moment is that simply, Mortis' original voice actor was not available for recording the dialogue at the time.

Yeah indeed, he felt much more refined and mysteriously so rather than the new brute-ish tone of his voice that frankly is just flat, or is it?

I would think voices in general would be an integral part of a characters person, but these relatively big changes happens more frequently than they change clothes in most games--the important NPCs.

I may not not be so well-versed in star wars lore and even less so in Mortis' personal history, but could this change of voice just be a part of his abilities? And/or is it just simply the same voice actor?

I'm interested cause I think voices is one of the most important parts of a story driven RPG, it takes away of the feeling if we change someones looks and/or voice form one game to another without information or a clear hint as to what's what, what happened.. You know.

it doesn't bother you at all, spring break dude? :p

I actually have not listened to your evidence since I have not experienced that story yet, but I do believe you. I just don't think it would get much more than a thought or 2 out of me and I am just having fun with it.

Hehe fair enough.

It's interesting and nice to know what other people think about it regardless =)

And hopefully someone knows much more than me and can illuminate the situation, I thought to bring it to the open at the very least.

Edited by cirruz