server down time

Baconatorrr

Seriously, how hard is it to keep ONE member of the Community team on-call for emergencies? Emergencies like, oh...I dunno...taking 30 seconds to post a "hey, (X) server is gonna be down for (X) minutes" post.

Not even the 10 seconds necessary to send a tweet on the Twitter feed (which is also devoid of anything relevant) on one's cell phone?!?!? Really?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I want to know...

But at this point, It'd be nice to hear if it will be down for a few minutes or if it's time for me to go to bed. :p

Thats what im waiting for but it doesnt look like there ever going to tell us. :mad:

This has to be the worst failure I have seen on the part of BioWare. Atleast give us an ETA so we can decide if we wanna stick around and wait or not ....

This is truly pathetic BW ...

They'll probably post a reply 15 minutes before they come back up.

Few hours ago the lag was terrible on Harbinger, so I can see why they put it offline, but please, why no "system alert" post and a twitter post to inform us about it and to offer an estimate about the repair time?

Please remember: we are paying for this!

It seems that the 4th wasn't with Harbinger on May 4th! :(

May the 4th be with you!

I tend to find most forum complaining to be overwrought and stupid, but seriously, this is a pantload, BW. No warning, no correspondence on Twitter or the forums. On a weekend.

Even SWG would normally tell you what was happening, and SOE is nothing short of 27 shades of incompetent.

Few hours ago the lag was terrible on Harbinger, so I can see why they put it offline, but please, why no "system alert" post and a twitter post to inform us about it and to offer an estimate about the repair time?

Please remember: we are paying for this!

It seems that the 4th wasn't with Harbinger on May 4th! :(

May the 4th be with you!

Revenge of the fifth yo

No bacon, *vador cry* "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

I tend to find most forum complaining to be overwrought and stupid, but seriously, this is a pantload, BW. No warning, no correspondence on Twitter or the forums. On a weekend.

Even SWG would normally tell you what was happening, and SOE is nothing short of 27 shades of incompetent.

Whoops wrong quote my bad lol

Edited by Revstor

No bacon, *vador cry* "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

I must admit that I am a bit surprised as to how there isn't even a Moderator post giving an estimated time as to when they expect the servers to be back online. Or something to address some of the obvious questions as to why the server is even down. I think most are more upset about the lack of communication rather than the server going down.

Most people are reasonable and understand emergencies happen. However, at least communicate that issue so your player base knows a little something about the situation.

So I was with my friendz roleplayin in da fleet museum how we r sith lurdz but den like this serv goes down n i cant roleplay nmore so im goin to unsub and go back to everquest and play roleplay elves bai

*********** stank *********** nekron *********** psirebral backpeddal ForceS hacks ****** gameshark

good day.

So I was with my friendz roleplayin in da fleet museum how we r sith lurdz but den like this serv goes down n i cant roleplay nmore so im goin to unsub and go back to everquest and play roleplay elves bai

*********** stank *********** nekron *********** psirebral backpeddal ForceS hacks ****** gameshark

good day.

Anyways yeah this is pretty redonkulous. I blame operatives.

Edited by ThroughVictory

good day.

Yet another person that deserves this video.

I must admit that I am a bit surprised as to how there isn't even a Moderator post giving an estimated time as to when they expect the servers to be back online. Or something to address some of the obvious questions as to why the server is even down. I think most are more upset about the lack of communication rather than the server going down.

Most people are reasonable and understand emergencies happen. However, at least communicate that issue so your player base knows a little something about the situation.

I totally agree! I know things can go wrong and I kinda expected this to happen after the lag we had few hours ago, but a post telling you are aware of it also tells us that you're aware of the problem and that you're dealing with it.

Well said: "Revenge of the fifth!"