The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Android Suggestion, and Increasing Player Base

Volomon

Ok my suggestion is two fold here.

First off I'm not sure why my suggestion was ignored in beta to add these two things. I would refresh everyone's memory since were in F2P now.

First:

Player RACE: ANDROID

Why not allow players have an ANDROID race? For instance they are a predominate aspect of star wars as shown here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-88_assassin_droid as well as with the KOTOR lore with instances such as HK.

At first you might be thinking but we'd have to make every armor adjusted for this race just like the up coming CATHAR, but you would be mistaken.

These androids would have four different body types or chassis, and various options to make them look unique. Here's the catcher, all armor works like it would work on a companion you don't see any major change. Instead the armor provides a color scheme to each droid, similar with the style in which unified armor is done.

See you already have the basic code there. This race could be pumped out twice as fast as any other race. Why hasn't this happened? Not only would I buy this race, but I would buy it for everyone I know.

Not only would you make money of the race but you could sell custom chassis and looks via the CM. Which is not something you can do with any other race. I'm surprise this wasn't done before HK was made available as it would have been far more lucrative.

Second:

Group Friendly Game this is Not

Ok there are so many issues with grouping it was the main reason I never got the game on release. Amazingly this is STILL an issue, an issue that probably cost thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars. First off the loading screens tells everyone to group for enhanced play and exp.

This doesn't work as one person out levels another the lower person is instead penalized not enhanced in any way. This problem is two fold with the sub/free system. For instance my situation I have a sub, my friends will not sub they might buy stuff if they don't quit because I out level them. Imagine a group of players who is mostly encouraged by a single player, parental or family organization, group or guild organization, ect,. ect,. once these groups are no longer able to effectively play together that cohesion and REASON to play ceases. So you lose any and all potential profit from the group, instead you get the sole player who could have kept the other players playing and having fun.

You should encourage more group/friend play in more ways than to force them to subscribe. Anyone who parties with another member that has the ability to sprint should grant that ability to everyone in their group.

There also needs to be a solution to this XP problem. Just because they are not subbing does not mean they have no potential to sub or to spend money.

I would even be willing to give up my XP boost just to level at the same rate as my friends. Whether that's done or something else, there just needs to be something done.