Need help with skill trees

Exostrike

Hi I need some help with my skill points.

I've been spreading my skill points around the tree trees however I'm worried that this is going to mean I can't access the higher level skills. So should I reskill around one tree?

For this I need to know the differences between the three trees and what kind of playstyle they produce.

I'm mainly focusing on PvE but I would like to be a bit balanced at PvP as well.

Investing points in all skill trees brings you really low benefits. Even focusing on two on a marauder is counter-productive (hybrids work on some classes, Marauder doesn't really have anything that would shine over a full spec).

Annihilation, Carnage and Rage are all viable skill trees for all the content in the game. As you are still leveling, I would suggest using Annihilation. You get Deadly Saber at lv20 (from the skill tree), which pretty much allows the skill tree to work as it is meant to work. Annihilation is also good in that it comes with selfheals through the bleeds from Deadly Saber and Rupture, which adds for survivability. Remember to switch your stance to Juyo for this one.

Carnage and Rage start functioning properly much later (although that doesn't mean they aren't viable leveling specs). With Carnage you will be dealing very fast burst damage while negating the enemy's armor (you get "Gore" at lv30 at the earliest). You need to be in Ataru Form for Carnage, it comes from the tree at lv20. Rage is an aoe-spec that relies on your Smash-ability by boosting the hell out of it. You also get a second leap (Obliterate) at lv20. The Smash-buffs (Force Charge and Obliterate make the next Smash a critical hit, "Shockwave" boosts the damage of Smash by 100%) can be specced into fully when you hit lv 29, but you will be relying too much on Berserk to obtain the effect (the Shockwave-stacks). You get Force Crush at lv45, so you pretty much need to get all the way into the tree before it works well. Rage requires Shii-Cho Form.