The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bug with +healing op skills?

So... there's two skills in a typical operative healer build that (according to the text) convey a total of +6% buff to bonus healing:

Medicine - Tier 2 - Medical Consult

Increases all healing dealt by 1%/2%/3% at all times and an additional 2%/4%/6% while Tactical Advantage is active.

Concealment - Tier 1 - Survival Training

Increases all healing done by 1%/2%/3% and all healing received by 1%/2%/3%.

However, when you spec into those, neither of them seem to be reflected in your bonus healing number on your character stats, nor does the tooltip show any benefit from them...

So the question is, is this working as intended?

Edit: Just tested it again. It seems the bonus does actually occur so thankfully the skills work, but the character sheet tooltip isn't showing any benefit, so that's either a UI bug, or intended to not show.

Edited by FuulishOne

Yes, it's working as intended.

Bonus healing on character sheet is same thing as bonus damage, altough using a bit different coefficient from power/mainstat. Then from that bonus healing/bonus damage are taken coefficients to all skills. But all skills also have base healing/damage, and thanks to this, incresing bonus healing/damage by n% won't increase reall output by that n%, but by less.

In other words - those 2 skills you listed don't work on bonus healing on character sheet because it doesn't translate directly to effective healing. Instead, they affect all outgoing heals directly, without showing up on character sheet. If anything, tooltip healing is closest thing that could show any change outside actual healing. If they don't, that could be bug, visual one or real one(there are some skills of this type that don't work in other classes)

Edited by Elear

Yes, it's working as intended.

Bonus healing on character sheet is same thing as bonus damage, altough using a bit different coefficient from power/mainstat. Then from that bonus healing/bonus damage are taken coefficients to all skills. But all skills also have base healing/damage, and thanks to this, incresing bonus healing/damage by n% won't increase reall output by that n%, but by less.

In other words - those 2 skills you listed don't work on bonus healing on character sheet because it doesn't translate directly to effective healing. Instead, they affect all outgoing heals directly, without showing up on character sheet. If anything, tooltip healing is closest thing that could show any change outside actual healing. If they don't, that could be bug, visual one or real one(there are some skills of this type that don't work in other classes)

Hmmm... interesting. What's odd is that on my sorc healer, which has a similar skill which gives 6% bonus healing at 3 points, DOES actually affect the bonus healing number and is reflected in the character sheet when you mouseover the bonus healing value. There's a breakdown that shows the contributing sources, and the +6% is there. For my operative though, while there is a breakdown, it only shows contributions from power, tech power, cunning. Thus why I thought it might be a bug.

I have to double check my merc healer, but I could've sworn that one behaved exactly like my sorc.

The Sage and Sorc both have skill points for increasing bonus healing and increases the bonus healing number in the character sheet. While all three healing classes have points for increasing their healing the actuall increase to the bonus healing number is unique to the Sage/Sorc. In the end the bonus works out for all but is just indicated differently.

Hmmm... interesting. What's odd is that on my sorc healer, which has a similar skill which gives 6% bonus healing at 3 points, DOES actually affect the bonus healing number and is reflected in the character sheet when you mouseover the bonus healing value. There's a breakdown that shows the contributing sources, and the +6% is there. For my operative though, while there is a breakdown, it only shows contributions from power, tech power, cunning. Thus why I thought it might be a bug.

I have to double check my merc healer, but I could've sworn that one behaved exactly like my sorc.

sorcs bonus is for the stats. it even says 'increace bonus healing' not 'increace healing done'