Podracing

Spiili

Hi all, first of all, I have to admit it's a rather ambitious idea, but the concept of it seem great!

The Podracers.

These will be constructed from player made components (Cybertech/Scavenging/Armourmech/Underworld Trading). Looted components (Flashpoints/Operations). And Commendation components (Planetary/Warzone ect).

A player will need to construct his podracer, with varied speed, control (Pitch and Yaw), acceleration and physical look. Obviously other factors may affect it, but that's through a further look into it.

These parts are varied in what they do, the rarer the item the better. I feel on people who have a great deal of money should take part in this sort of competition, not as a dig at people who don't have a lot of money,

but more as a way to save, and add incentive to actually holding on to money.

With parts, adding say for instance a part with more acceleration, will hinder other statistics on the podracer, so it will be about balancing stats.

The Race

________

I'd assume it's possible to impliment this using the mechanic used in space, how ever I'm not sure whether it would be possible to impliment other players into the same 'instance'. It would be a drawn track as it is in space, but there will obviously

guidelines in place to ensure that people aren't going miles off.

There will obviously be hazards on the races.

Other Mechanics

As it will be high-rollers or those who spend a lot of time doing operations/PvP taking part in the race, I feel there should be a betting system in place to give other players who cannot compete a chance to contribute towards it.

A system will be inplace to allow players to gamble their money, with odds involved (Changed depending on the Podracers stats).

What I have trouble with dealing with is ensuring it's competitive, like space there should be abilities which allow players to attempt to slow others, trick or playing dirty.

As I said, a very ambitious idea, but I reckon it'd be great fun!

Spiili

Edited by Spiili

Podracing hasn't been invented yet. We race on Swoop bikes.

Thinner, faster and most volatile. A way better pastime.

Through what I've read, Swoops reached roughly 600kph where as podracers hit up to 900kph.