Idea for open world PVP:

jkaraus

I know I have heard many in game saying they really wished you had an open world pvp. So I came up with an Idea.

First create a planet dedicated only to pvp. ( Instance it by level so that it keeps the pvp fair. maybe by 10 level idea with a bolster system in it.)

Put daily missions like there are for warzones such as having to plant bombs on the oposing sides bases (count to be determind) for the daily and so many kills for a weekly (but nothing small on the number, no 10 or 20 but something like 100 kills for a weekly)

when a player kills another they can be rewarded with say 20 valor 2k credits and 1 warzone comm.

create safe bases with godly npc that even if a group is trying to grief another player they can be 1 shot by these guardians.

make the world explorable where players can also explore while they are there and see new things.

add a new wb there. I personally think that trying to fight a wb and sweating about if an enemy is going to come in and try to stop us is rather exciting sometimes. This world boss could also drop pvp gear as a reward.

Old idea, it has been said since being.

I made some suggestion myself with the whole system. I took some time, including guild content.

Take a look if you want to, i even make some graphs and maps:

World PvP Ideas

Denova (Rep vs. Imp PvP planet)

World Pvp My Ilum Map

And those ideas can be complemented with those below:

Patch Guilds

Guild HQs

Guild's Quests/Story

Other ideas

Story with different paths

Space Instance/Operation

if you like those ideas, please comment so it get back to top of list and rate it.

True open world pvp that alot are shouting for will never be aquired until they come up with a better system then you can fight within , there needs to be an object, a clear objective for it truly to work. Be it a prize or a final target to reach.

Warhammer for all its failings did this beutifully. Setting the stage that the entire map system was a chain of forts which required one side to win them all to attack the other factions main city, this gave the players something to fight over. WoW does it via putting a raid within the zone that can only be claimed every few hours by defeating the other side in pvp.

Swtors system fell down because the only objective was to kill the other side, there was no point at which you won or completed a task beyond holding some points that made no difference by controling them all, there was no end goal to it. That is whats missing.

Edited by Shingara