The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

min/max stats [confused]

PoonPoon

I'm trying to figure out which stats to min/max since i just picked this game up again after a long time of not playing and finding info about it after this 2.0 patch seems hard. If anyone would be so kind to outline stat priorities for pvp from highest to lowest. I hear crit and alacrity is bad now? What should my surge and expertise be at?

Do i buy all the partisan gear that has power on it and then swap out the mods from it?

First there hasn't been any dedicated theory crafting done on our class as of yet for 2.0 however these are the target points as I understand them in general. Alacrity is total crap for us no matter what spec DPs you run. Ranged crit should be 25% now (this is still debated some say as low as 0 extra crit). Surge is still the same at 75%. Accuracy is also still the same (110%/100% PVE and what was it? 103% 93% for PVP?). Then stack on the power.

If someone else has better info please share, but this is how I understand the new stat balances.

First there hasn't been any dedicated theory crafting done on our class as of yet for 2.0 however these are the target points as I understand them in general. Alacrity is total crap for us no matter what spec DPs you run. Ranged crit should be 25% now (this is still debated some say as low as 0 extra crit). Surge is still the same at 75%. Accuracy is also still the same (110%/100% PVE and what was it? 103% 93% for PVP?). Then stack on the power.

If someone else has better info please share, but this is how I understand the new stat balances.

I don't have my parsing logs from the PTS, but I do remember the first time I did a 6 min run on an OPs dummy using 25% crit, 100% accuracy (rest dumped into power and surge) I got around 2300 DPS. Then I dumped all my crit and stacked power. Hit mid 2550's.

When the nerf on the PTS came for Powertechs, I top out at around 2360 - 2370 with no crit. It was still higher than running with crit in your build.

I don't know about gearing for PVP, but for PVE Powertech's, dump that crit. Dump it as fast as you can.

I don't have my parsing logs from the PTS, but I do remember the first time I did a 6 min run on an OPs dummy using 25% crit, 100% accuracy (rest dumped into power and surge) I got around 2300 DPS. Then I dumped all my crit and stacked power. Hit mid 2550's.

When the nerf on the PTS came for Powertechs, I top out at around 2360 - 2370 with no crit. It was still higher than running with crit in your build.

I don't know about gearing for PVP, but for PVE Powertech's, dump that crit. Dump it as fast as you can.

Ah, does that take into account the change in how crit is computed (the very minor buff they gave out at the end of the PTS to crit)?

And I assume then that I was correct on everything else?

isnt surge hardcapped at 60%?

No, it is bottom capped at 60%... as in it doesn't go lower than that...

Basically Crit and Power share stat allocation... and then accuracy, surge and alacrity share stat allocation. So this means if you are dumping all (or most of your crit) then you will be replacing it with power. If you are avoiding alacrity and only getting to accurracy cap, then you will be sticking everything else into surge by default. So I say 75%, but really it will just be whatever is left over after you get your accurracy where it needs to be.

The things to pay attention to is going to be your ear and implants where you generally have little or no choice in what stats you are going to get. Also, do not be afraid to buy the healer stuff if is has better stats... just saying...