raid on arcanum

nikulka

One of the worst designed quests I've ever played through in an MMO.

The controls aren't that responsive and sometimes there is a slight delay in when the character jumps, and that can be sometimes be enough to send that character running off the side, instead of jumping.

I'm glad I read this thread and saw that the final macrobinoculars quest is worse. I might as well go ahead and abandon that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Started this quest today...unsubscribed today. If I wanted to play a jumping game I'd do so on my Xbox not on a PC game that is prone to lag. The entire quest chain is boring and then you get to the station and are reward with a series of jumps. No thanks.

I came back to SWTOR after 1.2 recently and in less than two weeks I remember why I left. Seriously Bioware you might want to fire your play testers. What I did today was not fun....seriously jumps on a game that is laggy to begin with.

• 8 months later...

I am relieved to see I am not the only one upset and angry about this (and not the only one to make snide comparisons to Mario Brothers}. I have serious difficulty with the jumps. One thing I did learn: don't wait to the last moment to jump hoping to add distance; it's too late and you will go straight to plummet. I have never made it to the part with jumping to moving platforms.

Having to restart if you miss a jump in the early stages is also a major irritation. It would not be free of irritation to respawn at the point of the jump but it would be better.

Jet boots? Hah! They provide forward speed but no lift and no forward momentum from the speed, unlike, say Newton's Laws. the plummeting happens if you miss the jump just as though you were running.

And Jedi Consular can throw things with their mastery of the Force, but cannot throw their own body?

One of the things I have liked about Bioware is their use of alternate approaches to challenges in many of their other games. I am annoyed that they force the jumping on those who choose to follow this mission thread.

Edited by Bothard

• 3 months later...

Oh my god I loved this quest! A bit frustrating, but, it felt so wonderfull, that little heart attack with every jump!

Just a hint, simultaneously press W+Space (forward and jump on default key bindings) while standing still, will make a decently good jump ahead, will get you across most of the jumps, and is very safe. Practice it a bit on the ground, not above a pit ;) Then it's all fun and "solving" the puzzle of where to jump next :D

• 1 month later...
For some reason, I'm not quite sure we'll ever get a quest like this, seeing I get the feeling most people revile the platform elements in this game.

Depending on one's connection, it may take a little while getting used to it, but overall, it's manageable.

Sad, because it was by far my favorite quest in the entire game :C