How much crit in 2.0?

PhoenixUnity

I've heard crit is worse when you're 55, but I have no clue how much I should be aiming for.

Some people are saying go full damage. Strength and power all the way.

Some are saying get 20% crit.

Some are saying it's not that horrible and we should still aim for the usual 30%.

*** is the definitive answer on this?

I've heard crit is worse when you're 55, but I have no clue how much I should be aiming for.

Some are saying it's not that horrible and we should still aim for the usual 30%.

For what spec? pvp or pve? Get 0 crit rating with focus and probably combat. With watchman you can get a couple hundred points without gimping yourself.

Why 0 for combat? that spec has **** damage outside of auto critting blade storm without crit for your other attacks (imo).

I mainly meant watchman. is 20% good for watchman? That's around 500 rating.

Edited by PhoenixUnity

Why 0 for combat? that spec has **** damage outside of auto critting blade storm without crit for your other attacks (imo).

I mainly meant watchman. is 20% good for watchman? That's around 500 rating.

It might seem like that to you, but the math doesn't lie: damage just scales better with power even when you have a low amount of crit.

For watchman you can get a couple hundred crit because of the talent that gives you focus when you crit a burning target (and the heals), making it worth it to sacrifice the minute amount of raw dps that you get from running all power instead of a little crit.

So, assuming that graph is correct, the difference in damage per point at 1220 rating is ~0.009. So the difference in damage between a full crit and a full pwr build would be 1220*0.009 = 10.98.

If a similar difference is true for other attacks I suppose it adds up over the course of a HM boss fight. Hmm, I get into the rotation groove while fighting that kinda stuff and I'm not sure just how many attacks I make over a combat that long.

The most recent graph on crit rating returns has 100 crit = 2%, 200 crit = 4%, 300 crit = 5.5ish%

So you can see, the returns are mostly crap as is, and DR starts to show somewhere between 200 and 300. So I would say no more than 200-250 rating if that.

Edited by arkitip

This should answer your question:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/8409c6251591938

I would like to know how much Surge % is used for that.

On my Operative on the PTS I needed over 600 Crit Rating and 2500 Cunning to get 30% Crit. And that was with the 5% Stat buff, the 1 % legacy buff and I am pretty sure a 3% talent buff. So yeah, getting 30% crit is really unrealistic now.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

I would like to know how much Surge % is used for that.

A highly optimistic 70% surge was used for that.

So, assuming that graph is correct, the difference in damage per point at 1220 rating is ~0.009. So the difference in damage between a full crit and a full pwr build would be 1220*0.009 = 10.98.

Keep in mind that this curve states a differential percentage in increase to damage dealt, i.e. you would have to integrate over the whole graph in order to calulate your damage difference. It is only useful to see if crit or power is more beneficial at a certain point of stat distribution. As it stands, power is always more beneficial.

Edited by atschai