The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0 CrowdGearing (Tactics)(PvE)

I've spent a lot of time on my VG since 2.0 dropped, and like many of you, also spent a lot of credits trying to find the right build/rotation/stats. My hopes are that we can share our results here, to help reduce some of these costs for other players, and maybe even reduce our own costs, by being able to find similar posts on other classes. Anyways, without further adieu, my VG looks like the following:

Build:

Tactics 8/36/2

Rotation:

-Gut

-Fire Pulse

-Stockstrike

-High Impact Bolt (HiB)

-Ion Pulse (x2)

-Pulse cannon

-Full Auto (when recharge cells is available) -or- Hammer Shot (x2)

*Note - Insert Shoulder Cannon and Offensive buffs where appropriate*

Stats: (Full Buffs, Exotech Reflex Stim, No Datacrons)

Aim = 2941 (Primary Damage - 1293 - 1510)

Power = 1000 (Bonus Damage - 859.2)

Crit = 162 (Crit Chance - 22.00%)

Surge = 145 (Crit Multiplier - 61.02%)

Accuracy = 468 (100.41%)

Alacrity = 79 (1.15%) *Not sure on alacrity yet, but as of now it is in a piece I'm wearing.

TORParse:

Operations Training Dummy (4.5 min)

*Edit - If you have done similar work for any other classes, please post in a similar format in their respective class forums, and I will tie them all together in the top level class forums. Would like to save some credits gearing my smuggler and assassin DPS.*

Edited by HarbingerZealot
Added PvE to title for clarification

I've done some testing using both builds, and have been finding the best results with this build so far:

DPS: 2409.91 (Cutting off the points where bleeds are wearing off on the dummy at end of parse)

Build: 8/22/16

While not exactly tactics, this is using a derivative of it that combines features of both tactics and assault.

Currently, I am in pretty much all lvl 69 gear (no set bonus) minus the weapon barrel, boots, and one relic. I have some blue 26 aim augments currently and am working on getting the more expensive ones. The gear is not perfectly low endurance optimized yet.

I ran this parse without the sage buff at the time.

Aim - 2922 (no sage buff)

Power - 770 (799.6 bonus damage)

Crit - 360 - 25.37%

Accuracy - 283 (98.06%)

Surge - 432 (72.06%) <- need to switch this out for accuracy.

Alacrity - 0 (haven't tested yet)

Skills used: Ion pulse - to build stacks for pulse cannon

Plasma Cell: Necessary to get HiB procs, plus the burn

Pulse Cannon: Whenever 3 stacks are up, and high impact bolt is not available

High Impact Bolt: whenever available

Gut: When bleed wears off

Incendiary Round: Only when ammo is available for use (If used in my rotation my ammo management would get screwed up quickly)

Stock Strike: Use when you have a free stock strike to proc HiB.

Also was using my 154 aim reusable stim, proc power relic (510 power), on use Dread Guard power relic, and my rakata attack adrenal.

Link to parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/203319

Edited by Dordrac

I'm looking forward to trying your build out Dordrac. I swapped all crit for power at this point, and have gained an additional 150-200 dps in my original build, but it will be interesting to see this one in action, as I ran assault prior to 2.0.