Cartel Clothes on Companions?

Hasenfang

Hey all,

I've only been subscribing to this game for a week or two now, so I'm not sure about certain things.

I've tried to do a search on this question before posting, but couldn't find anything.

I was just curious, if I purchased clothes/armor off the Cartel Market, would they bind to our Companion(s)?

Or is the clothes they wear only those found in loot (with their specifications/name only)?

I'm just trying to juice up good uniforms for them, as well as make them a bit more secure in stats.

Also, if they CAN be fitted with such stuff and there is a thread link, that someone knows about, giving good stats for modifying clothes for Companions. Please link me it. I've been trying to see what would work best for each.

Thanks.

I was just curious, if I purchased clothes/armor off the Cartel Market, would they bind to our Companion(s)?

Or is the clothes they wear only those found in loot (with their specifications/name only)?

Companions can wear Cartel armors.

I believe the only armor they can't wear are the moddable ones that are bound to a specific class ("Requires Trooper, Jedi Knight, etc.")

Edited by stuffystuffs

Yes they can wear any armour as long as it fits their armour type and doesn't say that it requires a certain class.

"Requires Imperial Agent, Smuggler" for example. The armour also binds to YOU, though you can use it on any of your companions as you please.

Though, as this is cartel market armour and it is adaptable, it will.. well adapt to their armour type anyway.

Edited by Jayshames

they also changed it so that they can now wear the legacy armour, and the social armour as long as you have enough reputation or social rank to equip it yourself. so you can have elara dorn running around in red scalene armour, if your rep is high enough, or in the house ulgo social gear if you social rank is high enough as well. oh and you'll also like to stack their stats based on what their 'player equivelant' would be, regardless of their stance. For example if you were playing as consular you'd give qyzen or irresso, tank gear even if they were in their dps stance.

This newbie's lack of knowledge makes me ask the following...

Are these armor sets better than the rewards and/or looted items that I get in game play? Or are these sets just a cosmetic thing that gets BW/EA $$$ because players want a certain look.

What is included with a set of armor? It sounds like helmets are not included, but do you get boots, leggings, belt, bracers, greaves and chest piece?

For example, I'm currenly just hit level 40 BH, but urgraded everything when I hit level 39. Will any of these sets improve my stats or do I have to modify them with whatever I have available in inventory/equipped , which basically keeps me right where I am but changes how I look?

Thanks in advance.

This newbie's lack of knowledge makes me ask the following...

Are these armor sets better than the rewards and/or looted items that I get in game play? Or are these sets just a cosmetic thing that gets BW/EA $$$ because players want a certain look.

What is included with a set of armor? It sounds like helmets are not included, but do you get boots, leggings, belt, bracers, greaves and chest piece?

For example, I'm currenly just hit level 40 BH, but urgraded everything when I hit level 39. Will any of these sets improve my stats or do I have to modify them with whatever I have available in inventory/equipped , which basically keeps me right where I am but changes how I look?

Thanks in advance.

It's all moddable gear, which means the stats you get from it come from the Armouring/Mod/Enhancement that are placed into them. The "shell" is purely for looks. Certain mods can only be used at certain levels, so as you progress in levels you can choose to keep the mods up to date by adding newer versions.

You can also see which pieces come from the set by clicking on the set, and then at the right hand side there's an option to "show items". The items listed there will come with the purchase. Some of the gear already comes with mods in them, though there's not much of those.

• 2 weeks later...