The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Getting to grips with pyro

evilharb

Heya folks

got a question for the more experienced Pyros out there...

Just watched a good youtube video on Pyro usage - link below - but one thing the guys mentions is using a Shoulder Cannon action (it's in his UI bars of his video) - where is that skill from?! I'm about to level my 50 BH up and am swapping him to a dps spec, but that Shoulder Cannon skill is baffling me.

Oh - if anyone else has another build to recommend PLEASE let me know - for the first time in ages I have a few days off work and would love to work on this build.

Ah - thanks :)

Whilst I'm at it, thinking about gearing this character up - do you know what gear set(s) from the Fleet vendors (i.e. basic, classic etc) is the ideal one for a pyro? I know I can get some gear into legacy items and pass them over (got so many spare comms on my main it's mad) but I'm not sure if I should go for instance with the Eliminator set or the Vanguard/Super Commando as he's now a pyro.

Hey fella, the general tend for Pyro would be to go Eliminator for the set bonus which in 2.0 you can now carry in the mods to any armour shell. It's worth taking a look at the differences in mods with the Eliminator & tech gear to maximise the stats you want like surge! Every playstyle is different but you should be looking at individual mods rather than armours at end game!

Spec wise, heres a video I put together with idea's on different specs & mechanics for the Pyrotech 50+. Hope it helps!

and 8-8-25 spec in action here for 50 Build

Enjoy the PT

Edited by Lorcen

Thanks for that - will check things out over the weekend.

With regrads to the Eliminator set...on Fleet if I look at the Basic Gear vendor I can certainly see an Eliminator Mainhand, but the sets listed are: Striker / War Medic / Vanguard - any suggestions on those sets?