The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

FPS problems in WZs/RWZs.

Roudysgoodguy

Having lag in wzs, FPS goes down to 18 at times.

PC Specs:

Intel Core I7 2600 CPU @3.40Ghz 3.40Ghz

16Gig RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 560Ti

Any advice?

Put up with it I guess? This game can't handle more than 16 players on screen at once without fps drop.

Dusting...u mean cleaning inside?

Well its SWTOR basically thats causing the problem, playing other games - no fps probs there...

sorry, yes, I ment cleaning it.

(joke) I didn't know *dusting* was a mystery word around here.

you said 'lag' and 'fps drops' in one sentence, lag is server-client-server issue, long responses, and it's server problem, very annoying during prime time and weird as it only hits fleet and warzones, not flashpoints most of the time.

fps could be your computer over heating, and not handling temperature properly, or operating system doing weird things with processor/hdd.

you can always play with settings and see if it makes any difference, like turn off shadows and V-sync (aka fps killer) might give you nice boost.

also visit nvidia settings manager, to see if in avanced settings you don't have things like 'force v-sync, 16 AA, force quality over performance'

Edited by Atramar

right click on desktop and you should have nvidia control panel (not on my home pc atm so can't give step by step instructions), try googling for 'nvidia settings panel'

sorry I can't be much more helpful.

Edited by Atramar