Omg please tell me it's my gear...

Choffware

Been playing Carnage. Just hit 55 Sunday night. I have belt, bracer, paints, implants, earpiece and gloves of the first tier pvp gear (Partision?) weapon master gear. The rest of the gear I have is crappy. Its custom gear full of the planetary comm stuff. I destroyed my EWH just before they fixed them... In regulator WZ I'm hitting like a wet grape. I can't kill anyone. With the bolster I think I'm at the 53% pvp damage bonus range but I forget the actual expertise number. Tell me this is gear related... I thought bolster closed a lot of the gaps and the pvp gear didn't mean as much

Well gear can always be better but PVP right now is a very bad time to hear for it because of the problems with bolster. If you put gear on with expertise you will be weaker than people with equal rating and in some cases lower rating PVE gear. No matter how many BW fanboys tell you bolster is fine don't listen BW has stated that bolster is broken and fixes are being put in place in the next patch and maybe more. I recommend reading th patch notes for .01 and most importantly.

DO NOT invest heavily in PVE gear for PVP get PVP gear. As for the gear you have now you have at least a week to upgrade that for when PVP gets fixed so don't worry about seeming weak right now.

Bolster is fine. BW are just nerfing expertise Bolster for item level 69s and 72s in 2.0.1, which most people don't have yet.

Some people may not think it, but gear is still a pretty significant factor, just lesser than pre-2.0, but still significant. Escpecially for Marauders, who are more gear dependent than RDPS.

Just keep PvPing and keep getting PvP gear to max your expertise to 60% bonus damage. Some people think 100 expertise is ok to lose when then max is 2018. But when you are at damage bonus 53% and up against people with 60%, that 7% is a huge difference. How many skills in your spec trees actually give 7% bonus damage to all attacks? None, some skils give 6% damage bonus with 3 skill points invested to specific skills at best.

Expertise is king in PvP, grind it out and max it ASAP.