The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What you could bring-in for RP'ers

1) Cartel Market sittable chairs. RP'ers have been asking for this on the environmental chairs since beta. With the first Cartel pack came a 'throne' speeder - A great big moving sittable chair, and there have been several others since.

Soooo... why not 'normal' non-movable chairs as CC Market buys? In packs (or not), doesn't matter, RP'ers will lap these up - Every version you offer: From simple seats, to tall barstools, to cross-legged cushions, to 'thrones'. A solution to an 'ask' from beta that doesn't see you having to re-code the whole environment, and an on-going 'must have' for every RP'ers every alt - A no brainer hmm?

2) Body language emotes. Most RP characters can't actually play a holo-guitar and flex muscles with glowing lights on their biceps, but they would LOVE to stand with their hands behind their back, or their arms crossed, or hands on hips, or 'lounge', or lie down, or hold their saber/blaster high in 'salute', etc. Again 'simple' stuff that RP'ers will love to buy.

3) OK - A totally 'fresh' thing here: Disposable NPCs. RP'ers create their own events all the time. They are usually forced to use 'invisibles' - imaginary NPC's (non player character's) as protagonists. Sometimes they can get guildies to NPC - but then that players main gets left out of the event. Sometimes they can bring-in other guilds RP'ers to NPC, but you can only call that favour so many times. And then, even though you have these options you're often struggling to find an alt to 'match' what the NPC should be.

So, that's the problem - and it's a constant problem for RP in MMO's.

Solution...

CC Market NPC creator: A 4 hour 'pass' to create a character 'leveless' / 'go anywhere', not attract mobs / not able to do any 'content' 'character', maybe with some nice emotes embedded, using the character creation options, and an extensive wardrobe set. 4 hours is enough for the 'event', and then it expires.

I know this is a seemingly 'left-field' idea, but it would be so ongoingly popular on the RP servers, and actually draw RP'ers into and back to TOR. The 'demand' for these disposable would never dwindle, only increase as more and more RP'ers try them and realise how much a benefit they are for their own creative events.

I could elaborate on this idea so much, but the gist is up there ^ ^ and maybe if others respond we'll go over what else could be done with 'disposable' NPC creation and use.

Edited by Phoenikzi

While I do agree with the content of your suggestion, I am a bit opposed as why this should be a cartel option only.

PvPers do get warzones without cartel coins.

PvEers do get flashpoints and ops without cartel coins.

Roleplayers already need to spend cartel coins for cool mounts and cool wardrobe.

Why should roleplayers be paying even more cartel coins for chairs, emotes and other stuff, which for a roleplayer is of the same value as another FP or another warzone is for PvPer and PvEer.

Since release, we got new warzones and new fps and new ops at no extra cost and we got absolutely no roleplay-gimmick, that is not paid for in cartel coins.

Well, On chairs and emotes, I'm with you. But they're not happening and they won't happen... unless perhaps they can generate income. Priced reasonably every RPer I've spoke to about these ideas would buy them - All.

Disposable NPC's for RP. Now this is not 'standard', and unless we either get another piece of RP server awesomeness like NWN it's not likely to be in the foreseeable. Makes perfect sense to make this a CC option for those players that want it (RP'ers - Most of them - Over and over).

Well, On chairs and emotes, I'm with you. But they're not happening and they won't happen... unless perhaps they can generate income. Priced reasonably every RPer I've spoke to about these ideas would buy them - All.

Disposable NPC's for RP. Now this is not 'standard', and unless we either get another piece of RP server awesomeness like NWN it's not likely to be in the foreseeable. Makes perfect sense to make this a CC option for those players that want it (RP'ers - Most of them - Over and over).

Of course everyone would buy them... but that really shouldn't be a reason to make them cost more than the regular subscription. If any further warzone or flashpoint would cost cartel coins to unlock, the pvpers and pveers would surely buy those too.... oh no, wait.. they wouldn't... as it is apprarently okay to milk roleplayers for every little thing, but it is not okay to do the same for other playstyles ?

About the other idea... a very good one, but again, why should roleplayers, who create content for other players pay for it ?? Bioware should be happy, that players do that.

If you give roleplayers a toolkit, they can happily play for years without ever complaining on the forums about unfair balance or not enough content.

And you are right, every roleplayer would pay cartel coins to get such a toolkit, but please, it should be pay-once-use-always... When I design an RP-plot, I should not need to be calculating the cartel costs for it.