The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please add the option to buy credits packs in the Cartel Market

xlenon

I'm a subscriber and the character I'm currently playing is level 21, I always find myself with a lack of credits, I use credits for everything and I barely get by, sure you earn credits through quests warzones and flashpoints but I don't ever get much credits, I want to buy credits through the Cartel Market, it would make my game experience more enjoyable. I would seriously pay $60.00 for five hundred thousand credits.

And a credit lottery would be a good idea too, some MMORPGs do this (SUN) and I think SWTOR should too, I'd be glued to my screen for months if I had one million credits to play around with. I just want ways to get a large sum of credits for buying stuff in the galactic market.

I'm a subscriber and the character I'm currently playing is level 21, I always find myself with a lack of credits, I use credits for everything and I barely get by, sure you earn credits through quests warzones and flashpoints but I don't ever get much credits, I want to buy credits through the Cartel Market, it would make my game experience more enjoyable. I would seriously pay $60.00 for five hundred thousand credits.

And a credit lottery would be a good idea too, some MMORPGs do this (SUN) and I think SWTOR should too, I'd be glued to my screen for months if I had one million credits to play around with. I just want ways to get a large sum of credits for buying stuff in the galactic market.

Selling credits is a very different prospect from selling items. Since the gtn takes a small cut of all sales, selling items on the market actually acts as a credit sink. If you enable people to buy credits, it has the opposite effect. It would lead to inflation and everyone's credits would be worth less. Buying items to sell then does not harm the economy to the same degree because it is not creating new credits, just moving them around from one player to another.

If you want to make money from the cartel market, it is easily done. Simply buy stuff for cartel coins and sell it for credits. I've made a few million doing this.

You can pretty much already do this actually.

You can sell cartel packs / costumes, and if you ask around in chat you'll likely find someone rich enough to constantly buy off you if you want.

60$ for 500k would actually be a terrible rate on my server for example, since selling cartel packs would get you way way way more than that.

Items you buy off the cartel market are bound to you for 36 hours, after which if you havent bound them to you by using them you can put them up on the gtn.

Also sending your crew out on gathering missions can be a very safe source of materials.

The easiest I can think of would be to take slicing for the Purple Tech parts which sell well, and Possibly Underworld trading/Diplomacy for your mission skill, and fill in with whatever gathering skill you wish for your third slot.(This is assuming you don't want to craft, of course).

Edited by Elegances

So if I buy some premium items on Cartel Market and sell it on Galactic Market then would I be able to earn big number of credits?

It's really not as simple as buying a cartel pack and then making a "big number of credits" since different items kind of go for different values. Do a little research into what the more common crafting materials are as well as what rare drops you can get in the packs and look at how much they go for on the GTN. It's still a lottery scenario, but in all likelihood you'll at least get some credits out of the ordeal. It's just a matter of how much you are expecting and if it's worth it to you to try.

It's really not as simple as buying a cartel pack and then making a "big number of credits" since different items kind of go for different values. Do a little research into what the more common crafting materials are as well as what rare drops you can get in the packs and look at how much they go for on the GTN. It's still a lottery scenario, but in all likelihood you'll at least get some credits out of the ordeal. It's just a matter of how much you are expecting and if it's worth it to you to try.

Thanks.

So if I buy some premium items on Cartel Market and sell it on Galactic Market then would I be able to earn big number of credits?

Not sure how it is on your server, but on mine the big Cartel Packs (the 320-360 CC versions) easily sell for 350-400k on the GTN.

And that will cost you about 5$, about a tenth of the price you suggested.

Honestly this is an invitation to break the economy. I don't see BW implementing this, mainly because it's simply not smart to do it. If they started selling credits, everything goes up in price, and you end up having to grind the crap out of dailies and TFB to be able to afford anything.

If you are in that much of a credit crisis, take the mentioned $60 and spend some money on coins. Then, wait till the next cartel pack drops and just buy as many of them as you can, you'll make upwards of 4 million credits. I did that on the last pack's drop, and I was about 2 weeks after it; still made almost 5 mil credits.

If you want big bucks, do NOT open the packs... Wait until the new ones come out, then list them as soon as the cool down expires for anywhere between 400-600k each, before they settle down to 250-350k each.

If you open the packs, you may get a super rare you can sell, but selling the packs is a better option for a reliable return of in game credits.

When the last ones came out, my wife got a hypercrate... She opened up 12, sold the other 12... So, she had fun and than made millions! the next set of packs, its my turn. :)

Edited by Themanthatisi