The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Theoretical match-ups

Bastila-chan

Since we have a lot of serious threads (nerf this, buff that, etc...) going on in the pvp section, I decided to give it a shot and create a fun and relaxed thread about theoretical match-ups. If someone is up to it, we can discuss about things that never happen in WZ's.

I'll start and you'll see what I mean.

One day, 16 pugs decide to queue for wz. Because of the strange coincidences of the world, the 2 teams consist of:

Team A: Pure DPS team. 4 sents/maras and 4 snipers/slingers :cool:

Team B: Pure healer team. Full heal specced mix of the three heal classes in game. :D

Warzone starts.

Team B soon realizes nobody is dpsing the enemy team! However, nobody dies on their side because everybody just heals everybody. On the other hand, Team A, lacks a little bit of organizaton and does not concentrate on only 1 healer

After a while, Team A marks 1 guy and everybody jumps on him. Are they able to kill him, or do the healers just outheal everything?

Also, who has advantage in different wz's. Voidstar, huttbal, novare coast...

And one last thing, what would happen if this teams weren't pugs, but full organized 8-man premades?

Don't comment if you think it's silly, but this has been going through my mind lately, and since I'm only a casual PvP'er I honestly don't know exactly what would happen. :)

Edited by Bastila-chan

considering that by pure magic it might happen, healers are at disadvantage generally.

novare, with healers being focused on healing, dps team have better chances of actually capping.

CW depends on who caps first

voidstar healers might be at top if they manage to cap, but as if no one passes first doors it counts kills, then dps are at advantage

HB, depends who's better coordinated. but again, DPS at the top (4 maras = jumpers) if they pass quick enouth.

meanwhile, in real world, atleast 5 of those healers will respec to DPS making all above points invalid.

Edited by Atramar