The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pve pt dps

Malcontents

Both AP and Pyro are about the same for PVE DPS. The major complaints are centered around the burst that was hit through the changes to TD and CGC. For PVE this doesn't matter quite as much as it does in PVP. It really all depends on player preference IMO. My parses on an OPS dummy yielded no real appreciable difference. So many things will depend on how well one does compared to the other in a raid / group type setting. That being said, AP does have better heat management IMO and certainly seems to have better AOE damage. Pyro is better single target but you have to keep up with 3 dots (CHC, IM and TD). My suggestion is to try and play both for a bit and see which one feels better and use it.

8/22/16 I feel like I'm stealing GoldenArcher's thunder here. Run in CGC obviously. Pulls higher DPS than either full AP or Pyro.

And that's very funny because of the fact that BioWare tends to destroy every hybrid spec - and yeah, they destroyed hybrid specs, but both "full" skilled PT DD-specs are so lame, that the hybdrid wins.

It's a bit funny, but much more sad.

Thanks for the replies about it. I will give the hybrid a go and see. Although do you happen to know a site that will be able to give a rough guide to the rotation needed? never played this spec before. Or if any of you have any tips for one be appreciated Edited by Malcontents