Jerbas finally included in the new expansion!

Jerba

I want to give a big "Thank you!" to whoever writer, graphic designer or developer was responsible for including the Jerba Leather gear in the new expansion! For those that do not know, jerbas are a species from Tatooine appearing in a Star Wars source as early as the first movie, Episode IV: A New Hope, standing tethered to the outside of the Mos Eisley cantina while their owners had a drink inside. Unfortunately, unlike other creatures from Tatooine, like the bantha or dewback, the jerba failed to be mentioned in any major source, giving it only small appearances in a few source books and missing altogether from many others.

When SWTOR, with its wealth of fauna, came out last December, I was saddened to find out that it did not include any jerbas. There was Tatooine, of course, and there were banthas, dewbacks, womp rats and what not. But the jerbas failed to get a SWTOR recognition, not even being mentioned inside any of the quests or codex entries.

But now that the expansion RotHC has come out, I am pleased to say that there is a level 51 random green gear made out of jerba leather! This of course is big news for any jerba fan. :jawa_smile: So far, the earliest in-universe mention of jerbas was around 32 BBY, when Padmé received her japor talisman from Anakin. Considering that there now exists a fully fabricated jerba gear from all major manufacturers during the Old Republic era, we know that large-scale jerba domestication and farming must have been taking place as early as 3,641 BBY, even though Tatooine wasn't even colonized until 4,000 BBY.

Unfortunately, it being random green gear that cannot be modified except for augments, I don't see much use for it except maybe for some level 50 content or as social gear, since it is far away from BiS gear. There is orange gear that is just a color variation of the Jerba Leather gear, but of course it does not have "jerba" in the name. :jawa_frown:

For anyone interested in the gear, here's a list of it:

For Jedi Knights / Sith Warriors (+ Strength, medium armor, level 51, premium quality):

[Random] Jerba Leather Headgear MKII

[Random] Jerba Leather Jacket MKII

[Random] Jerba Leather Gauntlets MKII

[Random] Jerba Leather Belt MKII

[Random] Jerba Leather Bracers MKII

[Random] Jerba Leather Leggear MKII

[Random] Jerba Leather Boots MKII

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/MZRFeXS.jpg

Here is a list of the various random modifiers for the Strength gear:

Arakyd Industries, Ayelixe Fabrico, Baktoid, Bovin, Coruschal Works, Herloss, InterroTek, Paluka Cybernetics, QorWorks, Uxiol Mfg, ZRS Equipment

Make sure that you pick the gear modifier with the correct stats (Crit, Power, Precision, etc.) for your class and spec.

For Smugglers / Imperial Agents (+ Cunning, medium armor, level 51, premium quality):

[Random] Jerba Leather Headgear

[Random] Jerba Leather Jacket

[Random] Jerba Leather Gauntlets

[Random] Jerba Leather Belt

[Random] Jerba Leather Bracers

[Random] Jerba Leather Leggear

[Random] Jerba Leather Boots

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/vg7KWd7.jpg

Here is a list of the various random modifiers for the Cunning gear:

Czerka, Drengineer, Lazutil, MarTech, Santhe Corps, Systech, Tonena Munitions Corp, Ubrikkian Industries

Make sure that you pick the gear modifier with the correct stats (Crit, Power, Precision, etc.) for your class and spec.

The gear randomly drops from mobs above level 50, so farming on Makeb or in the Dreadseeded areas would be your best bet to get the gear, as well as opening Premium lockboxes from Makeb. On my server's GTN, :sy_auction: I found the green gear with prices ranging from 2k-10k, but I could not find any blue/prototype listings.

Once again, thank you for including the gear in the expansion! :ph_thank_you:

Edited by Jerba