The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Option to make ship's droid hostile and targetable.

Somewhat like a training dummy, functionally, although both mobile and not-indestructible, this would activate 'hostility circuits' in C2 N2 and 2VR8. He would attack you, moving round the ship like any other hostile mob,, with whatever he had equipped- and you would be able to attack and destroy (or be destroyed *by*, which would be embarrassing) him.

Give him a good long respawn time- he'd respawn in normal position, and restored to friendly status unless set to hostile again, of course, but perhaps not for a couple of days. If he won, you'd automatically revive In your ship's medbay, with, again, the droid reset to non-hostile.

When hostility circuits are activated, you can choose to set his level to 'weak', 'strong', 'elite', or 'champion'.

Benefits - if you choose to gear him decently, you get a viable combat training session against a 'real' npc opponent who strikes back. Even if you don't, you get to beat the screws out of the ship droid... does that benefit really *need* further clarification?

Frankly, I'd suggest that each successful C2 kill should give you +27 affection with all your other companions, but that would just max out a lot of players companion affection ratings rather too fast :D

The affection bonus wouldn't affect me that much because I have maxed affection with a lot of companions with my upper level character. But I totally want to destroy 2V, I even want a dialogue option where I threaten to blow him up and he begs for his life. I want him back then because he helps with crafting but let me shoot him.

• 3 weeks later...