The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0 Pyro PVP gear

Couvs

I've already noticed how much less burst I'm doing in pvp as a pyro PT, but I just have one question before I spend WZ comms on potentially the wrong gear: is it still more beneficial to grab the Eliminator (Merc) set for the +15% RS crit or is it time to switch to Combat Tech with the loss of the burst?

I went with eliminator for the set bonus but looked closely at some of the other gear for supplementary pieces.

The word is still not in on alacrity so I would wait a bit and bank coms. I decided to roll with some combat medic pieces because they have the traditional power/surge combo which was the most effective in the past. Since critical is nerfed and it's very costly to get it back I would focus on power/surge and wait and see if alacrity pans out.

FYI look at the final Conqueror gear you want, not the partisan stats. For instance, a partisan piece might have the power/surge you want but it's conqueror piece has other stats.

I still feel like you can't go wrong with power/surge as a rule of thumb.

Pyro would always benefit more from 4pc elim since RS is your main hitter. Mods and enhancements are easy to mix now since they're already available in the pvp vendors.

yeah it was mainly a set bonus question for me, I'm sure I'll have to min/max with the individual mods at some point. thanks for the input!