The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Seeker Droid. what the heck am I doing?

chouston

So I am in an area where the droid sees something and I drill. I see a message asking me to reposition and drill again. How do I know which way to go after each drill ? I see no difference in colors or change in the sounds from the droid. What clue am I looking for as to which way to go? Spent 15 minutes just drilling holes.

So I am in an area where the droid sees something and I drill. I see a message asking me to reposition and drill again. How do I know which way to go after each drill ? I see no difference in colors or change in the sounds from the droid. What clue am I looking for as to which way to go? Spent 15 minutes just drilling holes.

After your droid drills, you should get a yellow circle around you (watch the character, not the drill). After a moment, that circle will turn red, indicating there's nothing nearby (30 m base range, I think) or green, indicating it found a special item. If it turns green, part of that circle will be filled in. The item is somewhere within the area indicated by that filled in part of the circle.

Yeah I knew about the green circle but was wondering something else. Does the green bar take the "excavated spot" for base or your character location, if you know what I mean?

To get around this problem I always drilled as close to my charatcer as possible, so it wouldn't matter. But I would like to know anway which location is the "basis" for calculation.

Yeah I knew about the green circle but was wondering something else. Does the green bar take the "excavated spot" for base or your character location, if you know what I mean?

To get around this problem I always drilled as close to my charatcer as possible, so it wouldn't matter. But I would like to know anway which location is the "basis" for calculation.

It looks to me that it takes your character location. You can check this by drilling at a spot (with a distinctive identifier, like a rock or something), then walk a ways, drill at the same location, walk again, and drill a third time at the same location. Each time you'll get a different read. Likewise, if you stand in the same spot and drill multiple times, you'll get a read similar each time. Maybe even enough to locate the object (but probably not, unless you are lucky).