Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bounty Hunter Tanking

CrAcKKiE

I have been running level 55 HM FP's have 5 pieces of Black Market gear.

I am noticing the new gear is giving me lots of HP but making me overall weaker in stats.

My stats were 50/50 Absorb/shield and 22 Defense. HP 26k

The new gear my stats are

35/34 Absorb/Shield and 15 Defense. HP 33k

They really need gear optimize. Why does all Tank gear have Accuracy I still don't see any reason to stock Accuracy.

From what I've seen in similar threads, we are suspecting that the "idea" is to optimize stats youself by taking desirable mods out of other gear

Have been seeing this with both my Merc and my Sniper, my only 2 50+ so far. Seems that a lot of the new gear is very heavy on Endurance, but the mods with a classes key stats are either lacking entirely or much weaker than what you had previously.

Yes, percentage values will always end up lower after a gear reset (which is the point of a level increase) and then rise back up to old values as new gear tiers for the new max level are released. If they allowed you to keep your old values (which would then need to go up even further every new gear tier), we'd soon end up with 100% crit, defense and shield etc.

On top of that, shield was changed to allow you to mitigatef/t e/k attacks while defense won't, so o keep them balanced, shield values where nerfed and will never to hack up o old values dur to that.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been running level 55 HM FP's have 5 pieces of Black Market gear.

I am noticing the new gear is giving me lots of HP but making me overall weaker in stats.

My stats were 50/50 Absorb/shield and 22 Defense. HP 26k

The new gear my stats are

35/34 Absorb/Shield and 15 Defense. HP 33k

They really need gear optimize. Why does all Tank gear have Accuracy I still don't see any reason to stock Accuracy.

I'd recommend checking out the stat optimization thread over on the Tanking forum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

Reportedly Absorb's been messed with which is making Defense more desirable for PT Tanks.

Unless your point is more 'why do the defaults have such whacked out stats?' And to that, I can't answer, but I've resigned myself to the fact that all my characters are going to be more Build-a-Bear than Plug-and-Play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.