War Hero and Elite War Hero losing Expertise with patch

Recon-Roth

Im not to happy either with the lose of expertise on EWH and WH equipment. I can see a nerf to the stats on regular war hero and leave elite war hero alone. At least I would feel all that work to get elite was not wasted my time with upgrading them last versions.

There IS NO NERF TO STATS.

WH/EWH stats are INCREASED to be on the same level as dread guard.

ONLY expertise was removed.

Expertise is automatically given to WH/EWH gear in warzones by BOLSTER.

WH/EWH is BETTER now than before today's patch in warzones.

Learn to read patch notes, and do some in-game testing first. Stop QQing.

Edited by ParagonAX

Why are you so damn upset with this? You didn't "lose" anything... You actually gained a VERY good PvE set, with the same buildout as your BIS PvP gear in the prior build.

EXP was the only reason to get PvP gear.

They have now build EXP into bolster, and it is your own fault for spending comms post the proposed 2.0 build. I spent comms on an alt, but guess what? I already was at the comm cap, so I could afford to spend them, just in case the bolster thing was screwed up. And while I try not to dismiss complaints, this one is lol....

You still have the same identical stats(or better) once you step into a WZ.

Now as for the new gear. You will have plenty of time to aquire the new PVP gear AND getting Partisan only takes a couple of days. On top of that it is clear that Bolster STILL needs to be worked on. By removing EXP from your gear, they might have done you a favor and enabled you to skip LvL 55 PvP gear entirely.... Take a pill man....

First, while I am lvl 55, and I appreciate the Bolster NOW I see it work.. which does invalidate a chunk of what I said, as it's not completely useless.. it's still not the best way to have gone about it. Many people will do as I did, and look at their gear and go.. ***.

Sorry, I'm not a Forum Whore to come here daily and 'check whats new'.. Nor did I even notice there was a patch.. I don't sit there watching my login client. I pay to play a game in the spare time I have, not ...do what I'm doing now. So, certain sudden changes do indeed make me react... sometimes in a knee-jerk way.

Still. Maybe I'll share the pills with you too.. ;)

Edited by Kierman

First, while I am lvl 55, and I appreciate the Bolster NOW I see it work.. which does invalidate a chunk of what I said, as it's not completely useless.. it's still not the best way to have gone about it. Many people will do as I did, and look at their gear and go.. ***.

Sorry, I'm not a Forum Whore to come here daily and 'check whats new'.. Nor did I even notice there was a patch.. I don't sit there watching my login client. I pay to play a game in the spare time I have, not ...do what I'm doing now. So, certain sudden changes do indeed make me react... sometimes in a knee-jerk way.

Still. Maybe I'll share the pills with you too.. ;)

No need to be a "Forum Whore". If you care enough about the game to come here and complain, then at least know what the hell is going on... You knew RoHC was coming out, right? So would it prudent to find out what changes were coming so you "didn't waste your time"?

Learn, Live, <3 Dulfy.net She does all the hard work for you WEEKS before a patch drops and no forums required.:)

Just food for thought...

No need to be a "Forum Whore". If you care enough about the game to come here and complain, then at least know what the hell is going on... You knew RoHC was coming out, right? So would it prudent to find out what changes were coming so you "didn't waste your time"?

Learn, Live, <3 Dulfy.net She does all the hard work for you WEEKS before a patch drops and no forums required.:)

Just food for thought...

Hmmm.. no. I came here to 'complain' because I PAY to have that right. And, at the time, I thought it was valid. I'll also give praise where it's due though, and say I do like some of the new designs for the clothing. So, you live and learn. You wrongly assume though that I normally have time for -this-, or going to forums, or websites etc. I'm busy. I don't live as you do, obviously. So, I like the game enough to have paid a sub since day 1. And a LOT more with CC's etc. I've earned my right, and done my time to come and rant. :p

Thanks for the info though.. I might use a 'one stop shop' as you suggested... maybe ;)

Edited by Kierman

Do people not realize that WH and EWH is stronger now? The new bolster system gives more expertise if you don't have any in your gear. Once you hit 55, just work on getting new gear, it's not that hard. You can't expect to be using WH and EWH forever anyways, they have to add new armor sometime lol. Holy crap the amount of QQ over this is ridiculous. I feel bad for the devs that are doing things to help their players and have to read through all this hate.

The bolster mechanic makes this work in a WZ but I still prefer to have had the expertise for open world.

So here's my only real response to this change. I want off the PvP servers. Since bolster doesn't apply outside WZ, I had to rely on expertise to give me some protection and assistance against the ganking. With that gone, and no real reason to PvP outside of warzones (and with Ilum being dead to that for some time) I hope they make server transfers available soon.

I accept the change. I'm just not really wanting to stick around on PvP servers any more without the gear to protect myself.

• 3 weeks later...