Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tank Defense chance %

Glorthox

Why is the percentage chance dropping the higher in level I get to? Being a tank, I am suffering more damage than previously. I was in an esseles hardmode last night and found myself being hit harder than normal, and then I asked myself why. I'm in black hole gear, some campaign, and 1 basic comm's gear. Everything but defense chance percentage looked fine. So why hinder tanks with an even lower defense chance? Is this reduction because of PVP?

Because your percentages go down as you level because of the ratios.

Its easier to explain in an example. As a level 5, 10 crit is a huge amount of crit percentage. As level 50, 10 crit is not much crit percentage. The higher you level, the more rating you need.

Well that doesn't help me in the new hardmodes, it hinders me. And tanks are more and more scarce as is.

What do you propose as a fix? You can't leave it with the same ratios because then at end-game you'd end up with your mitigation way too high and hitting softcaps all over the place to a point where gear didn't matter.

Easier ways of increasing the %. Hardmode's seem like the only way to see upgrades. But that's fine, if you like it the way it is, fine. Then I am done, one less subscriber. Eventually the game will die.

Yes, as a matter of fact, everything will die. You still don't provide any way to actually fix what you see as a problem, you just seem to be whining because you aren't able to faceroll everything anymore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.