More (and less) Speeder restricted zones

Cyberberus

OK here's the deal, IMHO with the addition of so many larger speeders the area around GTN terminals and mailboxes near them can and has become a parking lot as people idle whilst browsing GTN or mailing/receiving mail.

Clicking the GTN and mail terminals become problematic and there seems to be a graphics performance hit for some/many with so many speeders AND people stacked up in one place.

So the suggestion is, make the area around all GTN terminals dismount zones, if mail terminals are addressed individually then the mail terminals on fleet and those near GTN terminals should (IMO) be dismount zones, if adding a dismount zone to mail terminal is a global deal I don't think that there are any that someone passing by on a speeder would get any more than a warning flash as they passed by.

On to the Less speeder restrictions.

Places like The Senate tower, Alderaan palaces or any large complex that we, as players, *must* travel through repeatedly to visit mission contacts in person should have their dismount zone status removed, as things stand right now IMHO they are nothing more than a buff draining timesink.

I support you fully for the fleet having dismount areas. I always dismount at the GTN terminals and at the bank on the fleet. Just seems like common courtesy. The servers are now so packed that we have to wait in a queue sometimes, so as more people pour in, more vehicles take up more space. Today someone stood at the GTN terminal inside of a giant red car. I wanted to smash it with a big hammer. I like my husband's giant black motorcycle, but I don't want it parked in my office. :p

OMG YES! Please!! I was actually going to create a thread on this today... lol. For the past couple of weeks I was spending a lot more time around the GTN at fleet while I leveled my crafting abilities, created some good stuff for my characters, and even sold off the excess. Some of these... erm, "people"... with the huge speeders or whatever that would park practically on top of the GTN or mailbox making it harder to find/click on are annoying as... flock. :p

It would be great if areas like these either become no-speeder, or (at the very least) interacting with the GTN Kiosk and mailbox dismounted you.

Yes make them demount at GTN and mailbox's around GTN on the fleet (the other mailboxes typically aren't that busy).

As for more speeder zones like alderaan castles and the senate building it makes sense from an RP standpoint they wouldn't want you driving your speeder in them, though it would be nice to do. Also there are more speeder zones then there were at launch, I remember at launch I couldn't drive my speeder through some spaceports.

OMG YES! Please!! I was actually going to create a thread on this today... lol. For the past couple of weeks I was spending a lot more time around the GTN at fleet while I leveled my crafting abilities, created some good stuff for my characters, and even sold off the excess. Some of these... erm, "people"... with the huge speeders or whatever that would park practically on top of the GTN or mailbox making it harder to find/click on are annoying as... flock. :p

It would be great if areas like these either become no-speeder, or (at the very least) interacting with the GTN Kiosk and mailbox dismounted you.

Yeah .. this is the primary reason I thought to start this thread

Yes make them demount at GTN and mailbox's around GTN on the fleet (the other mailboxes typically aren't that busy).

As for more speeder zones like alderaan castles and the senate building it makes sense from an RP standpoint they wouldn't want you driving your speeder in them, though it would be nice to do. Also there are more speeder zones then there were at launch, I remember at launch I couldn't drive my speeder through some spaceports.

Well ... I suppose from a RP standpoint riding thru those places wouldn't be "real" but then again RP vs Buff timers IMHO the buff timers win .. but thats just me