The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My opinion

Sarge_X

I have read in forum about how badly the Vangaurd builds are and how the devs seem to be ignoring players opinions. When I first started playing SWTOR it was as a smuggler but quickly switched to Trooper because I am a soldier. I have struggled all the way to lv 50 sticking to my guns because these are tactics I am familiar with and I enjoyed being a soldier. I agree with the seeming concensus that this class has been unfairly treated by the devs and continues to be treated as an unworthy class. Other classes seem to be getting preferential treatment and better upgrades than troopers.

I still struggle to keep up with other classes in warzones and operations and tend to slow everyone down. They see a trooper and they assume all troopers are tanks. I prefer DPS/Tank hybrid builds. But the build trees seem unbalanced and it is difficult to find a middle ground and the tactics tree is virtually impossible to play unless you know what you are doing.

I know my voice is one of many. I know that the devs will more than likely never listen to anything myself or anyone else has to say. I play a trooper because I like the trooper class. I will probably continue struggling to keep up with others and piss off players because my Vangaurd cannot keep up. (Thank you for guildmates who care:o)

Everyone needs to do what they think is best for themselves. I am going to keep playing my Trooper because I like playing my trooper. And devs really need to get theit act together and fix the issues that are keeping this class from being a great class.