The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is healing broken?

giorgosvlachos

Again, it does not matter how much scoreboard healing you're doing if healers are unable to keep up a focused target while under pressure. I healed just shy of 2 million yesterday in a voidstar - 1400hps...99% of that was fluff and ineffective healing.

People that only do regular WZs seem to only care about scoreboard numbers I guess...

Well, yes and no.

Keeping your team even a bit longer means they can pound enemy longer, so even if you can't make one person immortal, 2 milion healing, is 2 milion damage your team coould take while doing damage.

Yes, TTK is a bit to short for my taste at 30-54 at this moment, but,

if your team mates just stood there and took damage that you healed, then they deserved to die :p

What makes it even worse is that it's not a guarantee that both teams will have a healer. So here we have one healer able of keeping up his entire team while the enemies die like flies. The whole "form a group and bring a healer" argument is just BS. Just imagine the scenarios if everyone were to do that. Teams of two would bring a healer and all of a sudden we'd have four healers on every team. Do people actually believe that their "good advice", always in a snarky tone if I might add, is going to stop people from pugging or going in with just 2-3 ppl.

While you may be overstating it a bit, I think it is definitely true that if one team has heals and the other does not, the match will be extremely lopsided, far more so than in 1.7.