Subscriber Servers

BoisGod

Something that has been annoying me since F2P launched, is that the servers have been incredibly populated in comparison to when it was just subscribers playing the game. I say, that F2P ruined the game that I spend my time on!

Today when I was on Tython, I saw there were more than 100 people, and back when there was subscribers playing, it was down to 10-20. Can't Bioware add some special Subscriber Only servers?

I love this idea for sure. Ever since the game went F2P I have experienced so much game lag or server lag. So my guess is that they weren't prepared for server populations being driven that high. If a subscribers had a couple of servers, this might allieviate some of the tensions. I know some subscribers still experience tons of lag in fleet or some high populated planets. And IMO F2P people are to blame. So why not have subscriber only planets?

MMO.

MASSIVE.

MULTIPLAYER.

ONLINE.

If the first two words confused you, we apologize for the confusion.

Now both of you, go play KoTOR I & II. They are single player games, and more your playstyle.

Have a good day.

MMORPG we get this, but upon the game becoming F2P has really bogged down the servers and no new subscribers have come. So having a couple subscriber only servers isn't that big of a deal. I am a subscriber and I for one am sick of lagging in certain high populated areas.

MMORPG we get this, but upon the game becoming F2P has really bogged down the servers and no new subscribers have come. So having a couple subscriber only servers isn't that big of a deal. I am a subscriber and I for one am sick of lagging in certain high populated areas.

I don't see how players becoming subs has anything to do with your computer's performance. If you're lagging, it means your system may not be properly equipped to handle it. I know when I played this on my laptop, it lagged because the video drivers were out of date. Look into updating your computer or switching to a desktop if you play on a laptop. "Subscriber servers" is just a waste of money and sets up pointless barriers. Gamers are all equal, no matter the genre, monetary status, gender, race, age and skill level.

Darth you sound like just another one of the sheep in this game that will blindly follow whatever EAware says and does.

Yeah, actually, it was what my Windows help screen told me, but I guess EA some managed to buy Microsoft and implant that message in there, didn't it?

Remove the tin foil cap, dude. No one is out to get you. Video Drivers are relatively cheap to get at Best Buy.

I love this idea for sure. Ever since the game went F2P I have experienced so much game lag or server lag. So my guess is that they weren't prepared for server populations being driven that high. If a subscribers had a couple of servers, this might allieviate some of the tensions. I know some subscribers still experience tons of lag in fleet or some high populated planets. And IMO F2P people are to blame. So why not have subscriber only planets?

Actually I think that when the game went f2p, the made changes to the servers that they burden your computer a little more and servers little less. At least pretty much the same second game went f2p, my old computer stopped running it, while my new computer has no problems at all.

MMO.

MASSIVE.

MULTIPLAYER.

ONLINE.

If the first two words confused you, we apologize for the confusion.

Now both of you, go play KoTOR I & II. They are single player games, and more your playstyle.

Have a good day.

While I agree to your post, planets like tython, Korriban, are just too small to have a limit of 200 players or something like that, I think they need to add in limits so that all worlds have a limit of 50 or something, the bigger the planet, the higher the limit.

Its good to see the server populated, but not at the point of there being too many, I tend to transfer to another phase (the highest) which tends to have like 6-25 players, but the issue is, sometimes, doing that transfer thing, breaks the UI and restarting the UI doesn't fix it properly.

Right now, doing a quest where killing 15 npcs when the planet has 100+ in the same instance as me, killing that 15 npcs can take up to 1hr to do, not due to poor skills or lack of a good weapon, but due to lack of npcs.

EDIT: During the odd hours when everyone, well ok most of everyone in the EU timezones are offline, everywhere is virtually smooth and lag free, even the fleet.

Edited by JamieKirby

I don't see how players becoming subs has anything to do with your computer's performance. If you're lagging, it means your system may not be properly equipped to handle it. I know when I played this on my laptop, it lagged because the video drivers were out of date. Look into updating your computer or switching to a desktop if you play on a laptop. "Subscriber servers" is just a waste of money and sets up pointless barriers. Gamers are all equal, no matter the genre, monetary status, gender, race, age and skill level.

Dude, I hope you know that I have yet to encounter a game that my machine can't handle at max settings and this game runs smooth most of the time, except during peak times for my timezone. (ie. EU) where there are like 3+ instances of the fleet, going to the fleet during this time of day is lag fest and the moment I go to my ship, instant smoothness and lag free.

Granted sometimes, the lag is from my end...connection issues and all that, but most of the time, its from too many players on in one area at the same time.