The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

anyone else having login issues?

Tytanisss

I had this problem on the last update. I fixed it by changing my compatibility modes, but I had to do it three or four times before it worked. Here is the email they eventually sent me:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your technical issue.

As mentioned in our previous emails, it has come to our attention that having different Compatibility Modes set for launcher.exe and retailclient_swtor.exe may prevent you from playing the game. Therefore, we HIGHLY recommend that you have Compatibility Mode OFF on both applications; it’s not supported. Alternatively, you could ensure that you have the same Compatibility Mode settings on both applications, though this is not our suggested solution and has worked for far fewer people. While we are aware that turning Compatibility Mode off has been communicated before, it is a step that is resolving the issue for other players experiencing this issue.

We have also discovered that having specific libraries loading into a memory above 2GB may be related to your issue. We have discovered that there is an issue with the interaction between SWTOR and Operating systems in some cases. This appears to be related to what your system loads into memory when it starts up, as well as when other applications are launched. Please be aware that we have not found any commonality between systems affected by this issue and we would appreciate if you could try the following steps:

1. Restart your computer prior to launching SWTOR.

2. If you still experience difficulties, please restart your computer once more and then turn off any applications that run in the background at start up prior to launching SWTOR. You can check the Applications tab in Task Manager (press ctrl+alt+delete) to see what programs are currently running and close them from there.

3. Please disable any of the above applications so they do not run at start up and restart your computer prior to launching SWTOR. Each program will have its own instructions on how to disable it from running at start up.

Please note that we are working to provide a solution that will resolve this for everyone, regardless of the system you are playing on. As we mentioned above, ensuring your compatibility mode for launcher.exe and retailclient_swtor.exe is one of the most important steps to follow here as even with the permanent solution we’re working on, having different modes will disallow you from playing!

Until then, we will work to provide more suggestions for quicker fixes in the hope of getting more players back into the game before then.

We will update our Customer Service Forums (which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11) when any new information is available.

Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding while we continue to work on finding a solution for you

Sincerely,

Mark