The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The actual best spec in 2.0 for us.

Flalia

Hi, what spec is actually with all the info we know the highest dps for leveling/endgame? Also could you link the spec with a talent calculator. Thank you. Also is all the doom and gloom i've been reading about us being awful true? Edited by Flalia

honestly everything is showing that they will be so close that personal preference will win.

Ap and Pyro were only a few percentage points apart before 2.0. They are just getting closer. If you are a derp and need something as easy as pyro play that. If you can think ahead and micro manage play AP. Regardless of whats "best" you will always do more damage playing what you enjoy over what someone on the internet said you should go.

That looks...awful. O.o But I could just not be understanding. The points in Prototype Flamethrower don't seem practical to me. And I think the points in Hitman could be better spent elsewhere, too. Like bonus movespeed, or even the lower CD stun. Yours probably pulls sick numbers in parses though. But doesn't Flamethrower still suck in 2.0?

Edited by AnusReaper

1. PFT is good in pve. I've tested it alot, I mean lots of different builds and if they didn't change anything after PTS closing then its viable.

2. Change Hitman to Pneumatic Boots is a good idea. The only prob is u'll use CGC instead of HEGC and I'm not using stun so often in Opses.

I was getting good numbers with this spec also (2 / 22 / 22):

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/powertech/231/?build=001100000000000000000000000000000223120220100212200000000000000003230302021001120110000000000000&ver=20

Having the Volatile Igniter talent will be useful for the only thing that PT's are really good at now, which is aoe dps.

But I will try yours out as well.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

I was getting good numbers with this spec also (2 / 22 / 22):

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/powertech/231/?build=001100000000000000000000000000000223120220100212200000000000000003230302021001120110000000000000&ver=20

Having the Volatile Igniter talent will be useful for the only thing that PT's are really good at now, which is aoe dps.

But I will try yours out as well.

Take pyro shield over extra endurance, defense. A few bosses, like Titan 6 allow you to put up an extra ~11k damage (more than your dreadguard relic) over the course of the fight, because their mechanics count as direct damage.

Here is a parse from Titan 6

http://www.torparse.com/a/163608/20/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by bbare

Take pyro shield over extra endurance, defense. A few bosses, like Titan 6 allow you to put up an extra ~11k damage (more than your dreadguard relic) over the course of the fight, because their mechanics count as direct damage.

Thats interesting actually, I didn't think like that.

I'm thinking that depending on the boss fight it might be a good idea to change specs. For more single target damage like the 8 / 22 / 16 spec listed above, and then for fights heavier on adds it could be better to use a spec with Volatile Igniter.

I don't see anything in the patch notes about the PTS nerf to CGC, nor do I see the removal of flame burst surge from the AP tree mentioned.

*crosses fingers and prays that this is true*

EDIT: nevermind. Also no mention of locking Charged Gauntlets to HEGC. Probably forgot to include these things. Good thing I didn't get my hopes up.

Edited by ScytheEleven

I don't see anything in the patch notes about the PTS nerf to CGC, nor do I see the removal of flame burst surge from the AP tree mentioned.

EDIT: nevermind. Also no mention of locking Charged Gauntlets to HEGC. Probably forgot to include these things. Good thing I didn't get my hopes up.

And yet them mention core changes to the trees for several of the other classes. Honestly I'm leaning towards the "OMGIAMSOEXCITE" side of things, in the event that they didn't nerf the trees like they planned on, and my brainchild of Terminal Velocity will still be viable =)

IF the cgc nerf that Pyro got that was in effect as the PTS closed it really is significant. It's about a 40% dmg decrease per tick. I was pulling easily more dps with AP then Pyro and the new "buff" to Thermal Det doesn't make up for the amount of wasted skill points to get that high in Pyro (It's actually worse).

I would say that Pyro is now solely a PVP tree since its got some great survivability talents in there and great burst but the sustained dmg that CGC gave us has gone.

Edited by Ritch_A

Sorry to "rain on the parade" but patch notes clearly state:

"•All Class Skill Trees have been adjusted significantly, and all player Skill Points have been refunded. Changes to active abilities are listed in the Class sections below. Individual skill changes are not listed in the specific Class sections below. For details on individual skill changes, refer to your Class Skill Tree tooltips."

The CGC nerf will still be there. They don't list those specifics in patch notes like this.

are u sure cuz they listed in notes when they PTS nerfed it .... :S

and they said that PTS notes aren't final.. so they might remove it :)

They should make another "extended patchnotes" then, otherwise this just causes confusion which isn't good for anyone. Especially considering they said they were making additional changes to classes after the latest PTS build. (Not that I'm getting my hopes up, as they seem completely out of touch with PT/VG classes)

Honestly, Scythe, I am just hoping that they throw a bone to AP in anw way, shape, or form. Any extra that was not previously implemented on the PTS would show me that the devs do care about powertechs in general.

Hehe, trust me. Considering the stuff they did on the PTS, they don't want to shoehorn their worst enemy into AP.

You could go Sniper or Marauder.

My back up plan is and always will be operative dps :).

how is the PT hybrid DPS PVE build before the pts went down? Is 3K DPS still realistically possible using a hybrid build?

paowee -

Before Charged Gauntlets was tied to High-Energy Gas Cylinder, yes, 3k was a possibility using adrenals and such.

This new "hybrid" does not take Charged Gauntlets, it takes Prototype Flamethrower instead and does around 2550 - 2600 with adrenals and such.

if people took as much time learning how to play a full spec instead of trying to cheat the system you guys would acutally have a chance at being a decent player.

Instead of trying to exploit something play properly and with skill. With the most recent changed AP will be the PvE tree and it will out DPS pyro and any retarded hybrid you can come up with.

It also will not be behind maras and snipers by anything major. On my Mara i was doing 2600-2700 with full gear, on my AP powertech i was doing 2550-2650 and that was before they made EVERY rail shot a 100% crit with the change.. It comes down to playing what you want... the only class that really cannot play what they want is an assassin DPS.

Got to remember people don't gear right fr AP as AP need 0 hit to function.

if people took as much time learning how to play a full spec instead of trying to cheat the system you guys would acutally have a chance at being a decent player.

Instead of trying to exploit something play properly and with skill. With the most recent changed AP will be the PvE tree and it will out DPS pyro and any retarded hybrid you can come up with.

It also will not be behind maras and snipers by anything major. On my Mara i was doing 2600-2700 with full gear, on my AP powertech i was doing 2550-2650 and that was before they made EVERY rail shot a 100% crit with the change.. It comes down to playing what you want... the only class that really cannot play what they want is an assassin DPS.

Got to remember people don't gear right fr AP as AP need 0 hit to function.

While leveling going with the hybrid spec...learned that having a good amount of AOE is quite handy on Makeb.

At 55 however I will be sure to check out all specs including the "pure" specs...got free respecs anywayz so why not :D