The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0 HiB armor penetration question....

Missandei

Is anyone tracking the changes in skill trees?

Tactics 1-st tier talent:

Focused Impact [3]

Increases ranged and tech accuracy by 3%. Additionally, High Impact Bolt penetrates 45% of the target's armor.

Assault 3-rd tier talent:

High Friction Bolts [2]

High Impact Bolt ignores 100% of the target's armor. In addition, if High Impact Bolt hits a burning target, it has a 30% chance to generate 8 energy cells and refresh the duration of your Plasma Cell's burn effect if present.

Stupid question: what would happen with HiB armor penetration if i took both these talents?

Is anyone tracking the changes in skill trees?

Tactics 1-st tier talent:

Focused Impact [3]

Increases ranged and tech accuracy by 3%. Additionally, High Impact Bolt penetrates 45% of the target's armor.

Assault 3-rd tier talent:

High Friction Bolts [2]

High Impact Bolt ignores 100% of the target's armor. In addition, if High Impact Bolt hits a burning target, it has a 30% chance to generate 8 energy cells and refresh the duration of your Plasma Cell's burn effect if present.

Stupid question: what would happen with HiB armor penetration if i took both these talents?

I think that if you already ignore all of your opponent's armor, a further reduction won't do anything. Especially if they work multiplicatively, which I believe it's currently the case.

It would do this :

HIB Armor = Armor * 0.55 * 0

Everybody knows what happens when a value is multiplied by 0.

PS : I'm not aware if swtor-spy is accurate or not.

Edited by Altheran

If this is based on the swtorspy calculator, as far as I'm aware it's not listing the percentages correctly. The armour penetration is still 30%, and the chance to proc is 100%.

ahh.. thats where the catch is.. lol.. thanx!