What's with all the cc?

PaSWolf

Hey guys. I just picked up TOR again after a few months to get back in the swing of things before the expansion rolls out and I was just wondering if they've change the mechanics for CC in PvP. I don't recall there being this ridiculous amount of CC. I spend more than 1/2 my time being snared or rooted or stun-locked. Resolve is worse than useless because you keep hoping that eventually it's going to do SOMETHING but never seems to. I hear that 2.0 is going to have more escape-ability and I sure hope this is true. I normally enjoy PvP but this convoluted CC mess makes me want to give up. I'm not a great PvPer but I tend to spend most of my time doing it so I really hope 2.0 is going to bring some changes.

Am I imagining this or has CC always been this bad and I've just forgotten.

Thanks!

You might be seeing the effects of what is commonly known as the "stun-bubble". It is a Sage/Sorceror ability in the TK/Lightning tree that makes Force Armor/Static Shield proc a 3 second stun on its termination. With a bubbler hitting his or her team, this can result in a LOT of stuns. Also, this bubble is bugged and does not offer the normal amount of resolve.

This is all going away on Tuesday, so it should be much better.