The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dps spec 2.0

Hey guys I'm sure the answer is already out there, but I haven't been able to actually find it. So my question is what is the best looking build for a powertech dps in 2.0? I've seen several specs mentioned but nothing that actually links the build and shows any parser data. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes. It appeared to be better in about 50-100 dps. Guess Steely Resolve and Hyper Fuel is better then Raif of Fire and Firebug. Especially now when crit is crappy. And in 8/22/16 u take more to pure dps, and less useless skills just to open next tree. Edited by Golden_Archer

Yes. It appeared to be better in about 50-100 dps. Guess Steely Resolve and Hyper Fuel is better then Raif of Fire and Firebug. Especially now when crit is crappy.

How much dps were you doing? I know prior to the nerf I was hitting 2750 in pyro, 3100 in the charged guantlets hybrid. How is your hybrid doing dps wise?

How much dps were you doing? I know prior to the nerf I was hitting 2750 in pyro, 3100 in the charged guantlets hybrid. How is your hybrid doing dps wise?

It was mostly 2500. Without any augments and with exotech stim/adrenal. Full 69, DG Kinetic and Power relics.

It was mostly 2500. Without any augments and with exotech stim/adrenal. Full 69, DG Kinetic and Power relics.

Ok, that seems in the ballpark from what I found. I know having the 2.0 biochem and augments contributes about 150-200 extra dps over not having any augments or stims at all. So don't be surprised if you reach 2700+ with full Arkanian + augments.

I do have a suggestion. I think you should put points in pyro shield and take out points from the ability that vents heat when you are stunned. While doing Titan on the PTS I found Pyro Shield actually put up more damage than my internal proc relic, because his lots of missiles and burn phase counts as direct damage. So pyro shield actually has at least 1 really good use in operations.

Here's the "proof"

http://www.torparse.com/a/163608/20/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by bbare

Just so I am clear the 22/24 hybrid , even after the charged gauntlet is the way to go for pvp over full pyro?

I was having trouble getting pvp on the pts so i have played 2.0 alot...

Is it out dpsing , and thus replacing the old 3/7/31 for pvp?

If TD is being dropped, are people working retractible blade and flame thrower into the rotstion?

Its going to suck loosing even more range without the 10m TD when closing gaps...

Can't say anything about pvp, except for I doubt it'll be good in pvp as well. Flamethrower ain't much of a use there, never was and never will be, and RB won't do much good either, only get your heat over the edge.

Tho idk about old build either way. TD was a great burst, and now it's strange' no burst but one more DoT' thingy.

8/22/16

I've actually metioned this one in "Super-combuster spec for 2.0 2/36/8" tread :)

This spec actually looks really interesting, I think I might try it out. What is the rotation though? I'm not used to having retractable blade ^^;

There is no such thing as "best spec" for PT or VG dps... we are pretty much now obsolete every dps class in the game has amazing burst now.. our burst is gone we are now the only DPS class in the game with no *********** burst damage.. we have no place in PvP now. wouldn't waste time trying to find the "best spec" nothing we spec in to will help us.. played pretty much from server up time until about an hour ago.. reroll a new main or somthing PTs and VGs are done for unless the devs grow some brains and give us some roll backs.