The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0?

kozzie

As an AP, I have little trouble reaching top dps or at least top 2 or 3 in the WZ, and 1v1 I can take just about everyone down.

Where I seem to run into issues is WZ's where there's more than one healer on the enemy team...the burst is good, but it's just not enough with all the heals flying around. While it's fun to catch people on their own and whoop ***, it's not so much fun when you don't seem to be doing any dents at all against people in a group.

I'm not fully geared or min/maxed yet, so I won't cry too hard yet, but my first impression is while AP is very much competitive, it probably won't get you a spot on a serious rated team.

yeah ap dps is fine

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18961091/Screenshot_2013-04-15_16_39_55_421486.jpg.html

i think there is no big gap between ap and rage/ focus dps (lethaly dps is op in pvp), but our burst without shoulder canon is very bad

if they decrease the cd of shouldcanon or increase the damage of immolate/rocketpunche/railshot a bit (so that 6k krits would be possible ) ap would be fine

Only good burst we got is SC, which only happens every 1.5 min. EF + PFT is good burst too if it goes off for the whole 3secs and crit on most tics. AP was never really meant to be a 1v1 dps spec. We are all about elemental-based, aoe damage, and utility. Completely viable in regular wzs. As for rateds, damage-wise, we provide good sustained dps for long fights with HEGC, but lacks finishing power like pyro. Utility-wise, pull makes peeling, and focusing easy. We got a snare from PFT, which can blend well with other classes' aoes, but is hard to coordinate. That's pretty much it. Overrides is a base skill now. They shouldve buffed its speed for APs like a sprint and keep the 6s duration. We need more utility in the tree imo or maybe slightjy increase single target damage.

I would also agree with a minimal decrease on immolate's or SC's CD time.

Edited by dijskykiller