Question about gear/comms

SsQNemrod

After a long break I resubbed a week ago and besides levelling a Smuggler I continue to play my (rather fresh) 50 Sorc. Now there is alot of new stuff in the game and some things are not that clear to me:

1. What is Campaign gear?

2. There are vendors on DK that sell Legacy gear? Or some Legacy kits (not sure what exactly). What is that? The vendor guys stand next to the ramp to the Marketplace, coming from the central plaza.

3. All the different levels of gear is rather confusing for me. Tionese, Rakata, Black Hole, ... On what do I spend my daily comms? I just do Illum, Belsavis and Black Hole dailies and get better mods for my orange gear pieces?

4. Do I spend my comms now or do I wait for 2.0, level my char and worry about spending comms at level 55?

5. How hard are Hardmode Flashpoints? I haven't done a FP for over a year and not since level 30, in the lvl50 PvE starter gear would I be undergeared for those? I do not really hav much time for Flashpoints, but I read that I need one Hardmode FP to finish the Droid companion quest line, so I guess I need to do that one.

Thanks for any help. :)

After a long break I resubbed a week ago and besides levelling a Smuggler I continue to play my (rather fresh) 50 Sorc. Now there is alot of new stuff in the game and some things are not that clear to me:

1. What is Campaign gear?

2. There are vendors on DK that sell Legacy gear? Or some Legacy kits (not sure what exactly). What is that? The vendor guys stand next to the ramp to the Marketplace, coming from the central plaza.

3. All the different levels of gear is rather confusing for me. Tionese, Rakata, Black Hole, ... On what do I spend my daily comms? I just do Illum, Belsavis and Black Hole dailies and get better mods for my orange gear pieces?

4. Do I spend my comms now or do I wait for 2.0, level my char and worry about spending comms at level 55?

5. How hard are Hardmode Flashpoints? I haven't done a FP for over a year and not since level 30, in the lvl50 PvE starter gear would I be undergeared for those? I do not really hav much time for Flashpoints, but I read that I need one Hardmode FP to finish the Droid companion quest line, so I guess I need to do that one.

Thanks for any help. :)

1. Campaign gear is the same as Black Hole gear. It the second highest PvE gear currently available.

2. Legacy Gear is gear you can buy for your next set of toons as you make alts to work into your legacy. It "me'h" stuff.

3. Daily Comms is spent on Relics or any of the High End Schematics you want. Black Hole comms will get you some better pieces.

4. Wait as they will be converted to classic commendations.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6086810#edit6086810

5. The Starter Gear is the minimum for HM FPs. If you get into a good veteran group, let them know you may need help from time to time and they will help. As for time, most of us have found ways to do them fast but some are faster then others.