The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Smaller Assault Cannons

I know its a class archetype and bioware love them, but it cant be hard for a smaller cannon, in a happy medium ground between rifle and cannon...

Yes i know, before you all QQ "Assault Cannons are supposed to be big" "Shouldnt of gone Commando if you didnt like them""

Good Points, but i dont care.

Ive got 4700 Cartel Coins, after only buying small things like ship upgrades. I would make my first purchase if they added a smaller designed assault cannon.

I love my commando and had invested plenty of time into it before i decided this. The original launch guns were too big IMO but okay, but suffered from boring reskins, so modding old weapons isnt enough for me.

I hate how they look when drawn, and most of all when they are holstered on my back, with no support, standing way above my head, often clashing with 90% of the trooper armour that has pointless backpacks on. Even worse since ive made a character that is torso 2 instead of the stupid gym freak epeen chestpress that is torso 3.

My trouble is, cannons are getting BIGGER. the two guns from the cartel packs are awfully big, and anyone whos been on the PTS can see they only get stupidly bigger (maybe a rifle skin aswell? cant remember)

Im usually running with an assault rifle when in medic spec, while its okay, it does lack a little utility in supercharged charged bolts for example. I dont even touch gunnery, and dont want to switch faction just to play a mercenary.

Seems a simple request..... to make someone into a first time Cartel buyer.

TLDR - Love commando. hate cannons QQ

Edited by Jay_Stocker

The default orange AC that you get when you select Commando is probably the smallest one available in the game. The level 20 craftable orange one is also not as big as some others.

However, it would be nice to have a CM one that requires AC skill (enables all the AC-bound attacks), but uses a Blaster Rifle style skin, stance, and animations. Lots of people playing Commandos would love to have that option.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually was thinking about this recently. I can't play my commando anymore for some reason. I just feel hauling around an assault cannon feels really stupid anymore. Before anyone even says shouldn't have rolled it LOL. It's the only ranged blaster wielding class that heals on pub side and I'm only allowed to use cannons.

At first I didn't mind it. Now that I'm level 50 and thinking of leveling it on Makeb. I find myself annoyed with the huge cannon. That said I probably won't ever level or play it past getting it to 55. I really want to, I do. But the assault cannon look just isn't doing it for me anymore. If they ever allowed me to use a blaster rifle and be able to do the same amount of damage, I'd be happy.