Arenas pls.

Roudysgoodguy

As much as I would love to see more PvP outside WZ, I'm going to have to ask that BW not put in arenas. They cause too many balancing issues to make them work correctly. Even that other game said it regrets putting in arenas.

As much as I would love to see more PvP outside WZ, I'm going to have to ask that BW not put in arenas. They cause too many balancing issues to make them work correctly. Even that other game said it regrets putting in arenas.

that other game has so much players exactly because they HAVE areans.

dont belive everything ppl say, will be heplful in future.

Well, certain game, had nice arena, about 20meter by 20meter where you could smack eachother and view it from 'safe points'

for it, you already have open world pvp on pvp servers, and pvp free for all areas (outlaw's den).

or 'duels'

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/13/blizzard-arenas-were-a-mistake/

I don't believe in everything people say, but I do examine the evidence and come to the obvious conclusion.

take a while to research the available resources,will be helpful in the future.

Edited by chimex

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/13/blizzard-arenas-were-a-mistake/

I don't believe in everything people say, but I do examine the evidence and come to the obvious conclusion.

take a while to research the available resources,will be helpful in the future.

is it really that easy to fool people or you just dont understand it yourself? They dont want other games to implement arenas, because then these games gonna draw attention of pvp/arena-players from wow>and lose players obv.

Cant even imagine how many less players would WoW have if they actually had no arenas.

Edited by Roudysgoodguy

Ok its time to clear up the misconception of what arena is on that "other game" since people seem to use it as a random "authority argument" that is not true, at least not entirely.

Problem of arena n. 1: Gear

When arena was implemented, it was the source of the elite PvP gear in game, with the elite PvP stat that makes you very strong in PvP. The result was that the few people that did arena to higher levels had the elite PvP gear. This created a "explosive combination" of highly aware players (arena vets) with the best gear avaliable versus "casual pvpers" with subpar gear. That was a bummer for the community and generated a lot of hate from the majority of players in the game. I will illustrate:

Billybob the hunter leads a merry group of weekend pvpers. They are reasonably good players, but due to RL constraints they cant play everyday but they do lead an excellent battlegroup premade. One friday, while PvPing for fun and sipping some beers on TS, Billybob the hunter faces GLADIATOR Itburnz, a high rated arena player armed with the best gear the game can offer who single handely defeats Billybobs crew and /spits on them. Billybob is enraged and founds out the source of that overpowered gear is the arena, he then joins arena with his buddy Mojo the druid and get 1v2ed by Wruthful Gladiator Ziqo, a top tier arena player whos doing 1v2s for fun on his stream. Billybob thinks arena is a cancer to his game and unsubs.

How Bioware can avoid this problem? Simple! DO NOT GIVE MORE POWERFUL GEARS TO HIGH RATED ARENA PLAYERS, ARENA SHOULD REWARD THE EXACTLY SAME COMMS AS REGULAR WARZONES, THE MAIN GEAR OUTLET OF THE GAME SHOULD STAY THE SAME, WHICH IS RWZs. Problem solved, next.

Arena problem 2: the DR game

Have you ever heard the term "godcomp"? Do you know why people use this term? Its because the classes are too good? Not entirely. In that "other game" the devs dont use the universal resolve system, but a diminishing returns system that makes "stuns classes" DR with eachother only. So basically a godcomp is a team composition in which the classes DO NOT DR stuns with eachother, that means endless nonstop chain stuns. To get really competitive in hight rated arena, most players have to turn to this "godcomps", meaning if you dont play one, you will lose your matches to players that do. SWTOR will never have this problem because the resolve system is universal, a stun is a stun, it "DRs" with everything so there would be no "godcomp" for TOR. Problem solved.

Arena problem 3: Game balance

This argument is kind of a joke really. People love to say that "other game" is unbalanced because of arena... right. Then the devs put rated BGs on that game (equivalent of RWZ) and guess what........ RBGs ARE EVEN MORE UNBALANCED THAN ARENAS, ROFL. At the time i write this, a top tier RBG team is consistent basically of a boomkin (for solarbeam + vortex), DK (fo pulls), heals plus flagcarrier (if so) and a bunch of warlocks, yeah, a bunch of warlocks, we got like 6-7 warlocks on every team. Im not joking, ask anyone who does high rating RBGs and he will tell you.

Class balance is not caused by arenas, or by RWZs, or by RBGs, or PvE, class balance is the result of poor decisionmaking made by unaware developers that, while trying to cover up their own crap, put their shortcommings as professionals on the game modes they created.

Arena has problems, but they can be solved. Basically saying NO to arenas is like saying that you dont want a new warzone, or a new PvE boss because it *MIGHT* have bugs.

Yeah, it will have bugs, it will have its ups and downs, but its new content and theres no reason why players would fight against it. It you dont like it, dont play it. If arena doesnt reward stronger gear you dont need to, nobody puts a gun on your head and makes you q for arenas, you can stick to your unskilled zerg warzones and be happy.

• 2 months later...
Please bioware, put these fkng arenas, what the fk do pvpers do? besides play the same boring warzones, which people destroy with there 3 or 4 healers, 2 tanks whatever, its fkng boring, put some arenas, so we can actually enjoy wasting our time queuing up. thanks

There is a lot PvP players in this game, and everyone want some other experience beside warzones, Arenas is best choice because you don't need to gather 8 ppl, just grab few buddy's and go to play.

This. I am starting to miss the competitive pvp in WOW, and their large maps in pvp with more then 8 ppl in them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.