2.0 Pacify Question

Xeraz

To my knowledge all classes need Accuracy now in 2.0. Even Sages/Sorcs have the ability to miss. With that said I have a question about Pacify that I was unable to test during the PTS.

Does Pacify now affect all attacks? Like, can you use it on a Sorc/Sage and reduce their chance to hit by 90%? I would assume so, but I'm looking for confirmation.

No, technically, the only thing that's changed is that tech/force attacks now have a baseline chance to miss (or rather the target has a baseline non-zero chance to resist). That means that to hit with Tech damage reliably, you need a soft Accuracy cap.

Pacify/Obfuscate affects weapon accuracy, not Force and Tech. As far as I know, it's functionality will remain the same in 2.0.

No, technically, the only thing that's changed is that tech/force attacks now have a baseline chance to miss (or rather the target has a baseline non-zero chance to resist).

It should be mentioned that this only applies to NPCs. Players still have zero base resist chance so, for PvP, Sages aren't likely to need any more Accuracy than they currently do.