Some concepts of a new fanfic

Slowpokeking

It's AU, set on TCW, before Obi Wan's failed rescue.

The transmission sent by Satine was intercepted by CIS. Dooku decided to save her and then used her to control Mandalore. So he sent the rescue force, when Dooku discovered Maul was there, he planned to kill him to avenge for his padawan and secure his seat as Sidious' only apprentice.

Some plots I got in mind now.

Anakin will mostly not be involved.

Durge will play a big role on smash the Mandalorians.

Dooku will take on Maul.

Satine will suffer a lot(mostly mentally) to make her belief to change.

Not sure who would be the best for Dooku to send to rescue Satine, neither Durge or GG fit the job well.

Any advices?

Yeah.

Stop asking us for advice.

Ok, so this guy posts a thread with a story idea and asks if anyone has any thoughts about it, and you go out of your way to tell him to shut up and go away? Real cute.

Back on topic, I'd say if you're going with an AU, play around a little. I think that the best fanfics are ones that do one of two things:

- Explore existing characters and give them new depth and perspective that fits with and builds on their established roles.

-Creates new material to add into existing eras (or even new ones) in terms of characters, plotlines, etc.

So if you're working in the Clone Wars Era, and it looks like you want the plot to center on Mandalore, perhaps focus on exploring the Mandalorian culture and societal dynamics we see in the Clone Wars, but don't learn a great deal about aside from the Death Watch.

As for sending a CIS force there, perhaps you'll want to invent a character of your own who will explore the Mandalorian situation, or maybe use a character who died off earlier in TCW that you might like to explore further.

Ok, so this guy posts a thread with a story idea and asks if anyone has any thoughts about it, and you go out of your way to tell him to shut up and go away? Real cute.

Back on topic, I'd say if you're going with an AU, play around a little. I think that the best fanfics are ones that do one of two things:

- Explore existing characters and give them new depth and perspective that fits with and builds on their established roles.

-Creates new material to add into existing eras (or even new ones) in terms of characters, plotlines, etc.

So if you're working in the Clone Wars Era, and it looks like you want the plot to center on Mandalore, perhaps focus on exploring the Mandalorian culture and societal dynamics we see in the Clone Wars, but don't learn a great deal about aside from the Death Watch.

As for sending a CIS force there, perhaps you'll want to invent a character of your own who will explore the Mandalorian situation, or maybe use a character who died off earlier in TCW that you might like to explore further.

Actually I wasn't sure about AU or not, I could set the story right after Lawless but I like Satine and want to develop her a bit more. Do you think Bo-Katan would work with Dooku if CIS could help her overthrow Maul, in exchange to let Mandalore join CIS?

Actually I wasn't sure about AU or not, I could set the story right after Lawless but I like Satine and want to develop her a bit more. Do you think Bo-Katan would work with Dooku if CIS could help her overthrow Maul, in exchange to let Mandalore join CIS?

As long as you provide reasonable justification for the team-up, I'm sure that could work. One thing that might be interesting to note is the Obi-Wan mentions to Satine's sister that the Republic will invade after he leaves, and she's fine with that. You could set part of your story in the context of an impending Republic invasion with some elements of the Mandalorians asking the CIS for assistance in repulsing them.