Question regarding APAC server transfers to US

ScruffyWhite

Was wondering whether we will be able to choose exactly which toons we want to transfer to each server, say if I wanted to transfer my guardian to the Bastion and my sentinel to the Harbinger. Would I be able to do this or would I just choose one server and have to move all my toons there? Also if this would remove their respective class buffs/legacy abilities etc.

Thanks

Copied Post 03.27.2013 , 05:05 PM | #4253 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

Edited by OwenBrooks

As I interpret Eric's post, we'll be offered a one-time transfer to any of the US WC servers before the merger, and then any toons still on the APAC servers will be merged by type. If I'm reading it right, it means you can transfer toons onto a different type of server before the merger, but any you don't transfer will be put on the same type of server they are currently on. Edited by vian

As I interpret Eric's post, we'll be offered a one-time transfer to any of the US WC servers before the merger, and then any toons still on the APAC servers will be merged by type. If I' reading it right, it means you can transfer toons onto a different type of server before the merger, but any you don't transfer will be put on the same type of server they are currently on.

^This.