The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fix The PROBLEMS

Ambeosha

they could also do with some reminding of the costs of speeder piloting level 3 training. i trained it on one of my caracters while i was subbed and my sub time ran out and i went F2P and i lost it. iv'e since subbed back to the game. and put in a bug report about it. and i got a response back but nothing in the response like were sorry you lost the ability and will send the credits you need to help you get it back. i have to do it myself. the caracter at the time was at level 42 now at level 44 and not even close to the credit level to train it again it's annoying and sucks.

Hopefully this may help some

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/534722/the-geforce-lounge/triple-buffer-setting-in-nvidia-cp/

VSync and Triple Buffering

•VSync eliminates screen tearing.

•VSync caps your framerate to your monitor's refresh rate. Most monitors are 60hz, which means a framerate of 60 FPS.

•Your framerate being capped to your refresh rate does not automatically result in a reduction in smoothness. Without VSync, any excess frames that cannot be displayed by your monitor are simply discarded.

•Enabling VSync by itself can result in drastic framerate dips. If your PC cannot sustain 60 FPS it will drop down to 30 FPS with nothing in between. If your PC cannot sustain 30 FPS it will drop to 15 FPS, and so on.

•Triple Buffering exists to eliminate these framerate dips.

•The Triple Buffering tickbox in GPU driver settings only works with OpenGL games. The vast majority of modern games use Direct3D.

•In order to enable Triple Buffering in Direct3D games that don't support it natively you will need to use a third party program; either D3DOverrider or RadeonPro.

•If you're using VSync with Triple Buffering and a game has an option to cap the framerate, it's best to set the game to render at 60 FPS. This can solve some rendering bugs with some (badly designed) game engines.

Display Lag

•VSync adds display lag, also referred to as input lag.

•Display lag is undesirable because it can make control input feel sluggish.

•With a higher framerate, Triple Buffered VSync will cause less display lag, and it may not be noticeable at all.

•Triple Buffered VSync will introduce a minimum of one frame of display lag and a maximum of two frames. One frame at 60 FPS is approximately 16.7 milliseconds.

Micro Stuttering

•Despite the name, micro stuttering is not perceived as actual 'stuttering'. Instead, it is simply the feeling that a game is running at a lower framerate than what is displayed by utilities such as FRAPS.

•Micro stuttering is defined by variations in frametime, which is the amount of time (in milliseconds) it takes the graphics card(s) to render any particular frame.

•Micro stuttering is almost always discussed in connection with multiple GPU setups, but it also occurs with single GPUs, just to a much lesser extent. It is impossible for even a single GPU to render every frame in the exact same amount of time.

•The effect typically cannot be perceived if using a single GPU and running a game at playable framerates (30 FPS or higher).

•There are some games that are notorious for having micro stuttering problems, even with a single GPU. A few examples are: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, ET: Quake Wars.

•Multi-GPU setups that are GPU bottlenecked (at least one GPU at 100% load while gaming) will suffer from more severe micro stuttering than those that are CPU bottlenecked. It is for this reason that the use of less powerful midrange GPUs in Crossfire is not recommended.

•Quadfire (4 GPU) and Trifire (3 GPU) setups are slightly less prone to the effect than Crossfire (2 GPU) setups.

•Even with high end GPUs, dedicating GPU resources to intensive tasks such as PhysX, tesselation, depth of field or advanced antialiasing techniques can cause an unwanted increase in frametime variance.

•Upgrading hardware or lowering settings in order to run a game at a higher framerate can reduce frametime variance as well as making it more difficult to perceive.

•If your framerate is higher than your monitor's refresh rate, the best solution for Direct3D games is to enable VSync and Triple Buffering. This forces rendered frames that are sent to the monitor to be timed as evenly as possible.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Those issues are down to your PC setup.

I don't get any FPS drop beyond perhaps 2-3 FPS down from the normal 100 when those things occur. Now I do have a new PC BUT I did not have that bad an FPS hit when those things happened on my previous PC which I bought back in 2005 (AMD 3800+, 2GB Ram, GT530 1Gb).

BW cannot fix your problem, only you can fix the problem of your PC being inadequate to run SWTOR.

Could you name what part of my pc i should fix?

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

i7 3770K @ 4,5 GHz

Corsair Hydro H110 cooling

Asus Maximus V Extreme Z77 motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

256GB Samsung 840 Pro series SSD

1TB western digital 10K RPM

Asus AMD Radeon MATRIX HD 7970 3GB

Corsair AX1200i

Coolermaster HAF-X

Funny thing that every other game runs at high/ultra with no problems.

Could you name what part of my pc i should fix?

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

i7 3770K @ 4,5 GHz

Corsair Hydro H110 cooling

Asus Maximus V Extreme Z77 motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

256GB Samsung 840 Pro series SSD

1TB western digital 10K RPM

Asus AMD Radeon MATRIX HD 7970 3GB

Corsair AX1200i

Coolermaster HAF-X

Funny thing that every other game runs at high/ultra with no problems.

The complaints you are expressing are incongruant with the specs you sighted above. You do understand that a smooth running PC is more then just a list of hardware, right? There's an OS, there are drivers (which frankly is where a lot of players get themselves into performance trouble), there is your router, there is your ISP.

My point? rattling off a list of hardware in no way innoculates you from responsibility on your end for the problems you sighted. I, and many like me, run on a lessor hardware configuration then you alledge you do.. and HAVE NO SUCH ISSUES.

The complaints you are expressing are incongruant with the specs you sighted above. You do understand that a smooth running PC is more then just a list of hardware, right? There's an OS, there are drivers (which frankly is where a lot of players get themselves into performance trouble), there is your router, there is your ISP.

My point? rattling off a list of hardware in no way innoculates you from responsibility on your end for the problems you sighted. I, and many like me, run on a lessor hardware configuration then you alledge you do.. and HAVE NO SUCH ISSUES.

Yes naturally i have tried many different gpu drivers, fresh install of os and swtor. Removed pretty much every useless services from os to make game work better. You do understand that there are games that you can actually run without any tinkering. I can and will take 100% responsibility of my end can BW do the same for their end?

But thank you that you surely did help me to solve any ingame issues to hear that you do not have any problems.

Still that does not make any sense how i can install any other game mmo or not and just play it without any problems in my end. No hardware or connection problems or swapping drivers. Well some drivers work better for some games but this game just lags with any. So that makes only this game look crap in my eyes.

It would be a nice game if it would work but i suppose this game is just not worth of my time.

Unsub+uninstall = problem solved permanently.