[pvp] hybrid healers in 2.0

unK_

Hello,

I currently play "hated" bubblestun spec, just checked out new ability trees for sorcerer and I wonder if playing hybrid after 2.0 hits will make any sense.

Here is the build I came up with (26/18/2): http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/236/?build=212002212120120201220100000000000323000202120012000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

Now, it seems like it may be viable (since bubble mez will provide escape route, which does wonders) and won't cripple healing much, also will allow for using consumption without decreasing force regen. Higher abilities in corruption tree seem useless - great, they very slightly buff a skill I'll be able to use every 3 minutes. I think I'll pass. I also don't see much use of revivication in pvp as people are moving a lot and my experience is that usually nobody stands in a shiny healing circle, with exception maybe being side turrets in CW and to some extent NC. Speed buff for Innervate would be nice though, but oh well.

What are your thoughts?

PS. As a side note, it seems they nerfed the **** out of force barrier - no stun, no cooldown reduction and -10% absorption -_-

If you are seriously trying to be a hybrid (ok healing, ok dps, but not great at anything) than this spec could work in regular warzones. I think you will have force issues since you only have a 50% chance of proccing force surge, so you are completely dependent on critting on force attacks when used to proc Lightning Effusion (and crit got destroyed for 2.0). You're missing the most significant advantages at the top of the Corruption tree including 6% bonus healing and faster ticks on your best heal (especially for PvP). Getting an automatic second Force Speed after barrier will give you the best utility for huttball and make you a viable ball carrier for a time. And, whatever it's faults, if you're going that high in Corruption, Revivification is a great ability if you know how to use it.

You also miss out on a free 2% crit at the bottom of the tree (crit will be at a premium) and don't have Dark Resilience which will be important if you are using consumption in PvP. I'm also not sure why you are taking Chain Shock as Shock is probably the least cost effective ability that a sorc has. If you are gonna run a spec like this I would prefer taking Subversion and a point in Convection as they at least synergize with the DPS abilities you should be using and help with force management.

I will still be specing into "mez bubble" come 2.0 also. Link below-

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/236/?build=230012202122120201020200000000000323002201020002000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

With that said, this build is still only viable as a HEALER. If you are trying to be a "true hybrid" and dps and heal you will not perform well. Even with the stun bubble nerf this build will have increased survivalbility with the new Static Barrier. Additionally, it'll actually provide significantly better longevity than a full healing build since you can use your Force Surge exclusively for consumption and not have to worry about the force heavy revivification.

Yeah, I'm not dpsing much (sometimes not at all), I focus on healing. When I usually dps it's for taking down people with little health that are about to run somewhere safe or that for some weird reason are not being attacked, hence the improved shock. But now I'm not sure if Subversion could be better. Oh well, guess we'll see.

Something like that will probably work better than the first attempt: http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/236/?build=230002212120120201220200000000000023022202020002000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

Full Force Surge is better than having Lightning Storm, and without it Chain Lighting is useless. Not sure about Corrupted Barrier vs Dark Resillience, for now I don't use Consumption at all until I go out of force (which doesn't happen often, thankfully, since then it's a mess), but with Force Surge instead of spamming Consumption after you're out of force and then using self-heal you can apply it each time you have FS proc and easily compensate 4% by Static Barrier heal and casting Resurgence on yourself (well, at least in theory).

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Yeah, I'm not dpsing much (sometimes not at all), I focus on healing. When I usually dps it's for taking down people with little health that are about to run somewhere safe or that for some weird reason are not being attacked, hence the improved shock. But now I'm not sure if Subversion could be better. Oh well, guess we'll see.

Something like that will probably work better than the first attempt: http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/236/?build=232002212122120201020230130001000023000200000000000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

Full Force Surge is better than having Lightning Storm, and without it Chain Lighting is useless. Not sure about Corrupted Barrier vs Dark Resillience, for now I don't use Consumption at all until I go out of force (which doesn't happen often, thankfully, since then it's a mess), but with Force Surge instead of spamming Consumption after you're out of force and then using self-heal you can apply it each time you have FS proc and easily compensate 4% by Static Barrier heal and casting Resurgence on yourself (well, at least in theory).

Anyway, thanks for the input.

I like this build quite a bit more than your original one. I'm hesitant to even consider a hybrid healer build in 2.0 though for a few reasons:

1) Bubble is caster only now (obvious)

2) Electric Bindings is no longer possibly to get in hyrbid (HUGE loss)

3) The abilities you spec into that are helpful detract from your healing uptime (have to cast Affliction and Lightning Strike fairly religiously to get Barrage to proc and keep force regen up)

4) There are just too many heal buffs left out from the Corruption tree

I'm thinking this for PvP. It will depend on if the Overload heal is worthwhile (I haven't tested it myself) or if the heals on Static Barrier and Force Barrier end up being worth it. If neither of those is viable, then Lucidity and possibly Reverse Corruptions will get those points. Just make sure to get Force Mending procced before using Innervate (to make sure you get crits for Force Surge since crit will be worthless) and Revification (to reduce cost by 30%) and force shouldn't be a problem. Since Force Surge can stack now, you can potentially consume multiple times without a problem, which is why having Dark Resilience will be key to ensuring you aren't totally killing yourself with Consumption.

I just don't see why Revivification is worth it in pvp. On live I currently play as Stun Bubble and the ONLY ways I ever seem to die is due to being bursted OR running oom and having to consumption myself to death.

With the changes done we can now still have mez bubble. Often overlooked but, this change actually increases Sorc survivability. Now we can still have our own Mez Bubble without having to worry about the melee dpsers using their own stun bubbles on us. But now we ALSO have Force Barrier and Polarity Shift and even more survivalbility. I still these changes in 2.0 making Sorc a real pain to take down. Secondly, the only other reason I usually die in warzones is because of running oom. With Force Surge we have substantial better force management.

Yes, we won't have some extra healing by going full heals but I just don't see the pvp justification for it. Maybe some of those abilities might pad the meters, like Corrupted Barrier and Force Suffusion but those aren't likely to make the difference between someone living or dying.

In short, besides Voidstar I just don't see the full healing spec outperforming the Mez Bubble in 2.0. Finally to dispute each point directly.

1) Bubble is caster only now (obvious)

2) Electric Bindings is no longer possibly to get in hyrbid (HUGE loss)

3) The abilities you spec into that are helpful detract from your healing uptime (have to cast Affliction and Lightning Strike fairly religiously to get Barrage to proc and keep force regen up)

4) There are just too many heal buffs left out from the Corruption tree

1. As mentioned this is a nerf to Sorc group utility but a BUFF to Sorc survivalbility.

2. Easily outdone by Force Barrier and Polarity Shift

3. You still have access to Force Surge in the Corruption Tree. In fact, you'll be using those Force Surge charges exclusively on Consumption and not on the high mp Revivification. Efficiency will be higher in the hybrid.

4. Besides "fluff" talents the only real loses are 6% bonus Healing, 18% on innervate and Revivification itself. I just don't feel these will abilities will "make the difference" and save a life. I'd rather have the personal defense of Mez Bubble while will allow me to create distance and heal more often.

Edited by Xeraz

1. As mentioned this is a nerf to Sorc group utility but a BUFF to Sorc survivalbility.

2. Easily outdone by Force Barrier and Polarity Shift

3. You still have access to Force Surge in the Corruption Tree. In fact, you'll be using those Force Surge charges exclusively on Consumption and not on the high mp Revivification. Efficiency will be higher in the hybrid.

4. Besides "fluff" talents the only real loses are 6% bonus Healing, 18% on innervate and Revivification itself. I just don't feel these will abilities will "make the difference" and save a life. I'd rather have the personal defense of Mez Bubble while will allow me to create distance and heal more often.

1) This is a GIANT nerf to group utility and a NERF to sorc survivability as well. It will be a mez and it will fill more resolve than before.

2) Force Barrier and Polarity Shift are given to everyone. Part of the utility of going into lightning included a root on Overload that you no longer get. This point does not refute mine.

3) I see the smart sorcs using force surge as a balance. I haven't tested myself, but I believe consumption uses one charge and puddle uses all available charges. Using them interchangeably will probably work best, but if the game allows you to use two charges for consumption and the last one on puddle that will be ideal. I don't know if 3 charges are required or simply all that is there.

4) Every talent you take in lightning (outside of what would otherwise be taken in full corruption) is totally useless as a healer outside of the bubble (nerfed into the ground) for survivability. The fact that it kept others alive as well as yourself, AOE root on KB, and extra force regen options were what made the loss of points in corruption acceptable. You now get barely anything out of the bubble (heck, you get nothing if you DoTed them already), you can't get root, and the force regen is the only thing there (which always took you away from healing to spam lightning strike or other abilites).

1) This is a GIANT nerf to group utility and a NERF to sorc survivability as well. It will be a mez and it will fill more resolve than before.

The "game" of living all comes down to what you have versus what they have. Currently, every competitive game will have Stun Bubbles on both teams. This means that the Sorc will have a stun bubble to keep people off of him BUT the people trying to get on you will also have a stun bubble. This allows for the abusive mechanics of melee dpsers clicking off the bubble and using it's low resolve CC, thrown into their dps/stun rotation, to burst us.

Come 2.0, this is no longer true. Now The Sorc healer will still have a Mez Bubble to protect himself while the enemy players attacking him will NO LONGER have the Stun Bubble to use against him. As mentioned earlier, this will result in higher survivalbility for the Sorc BUT less overall group utility.

2) Force Barrier and Polarity Shift are given to everyone. Part of the utility of going into lightning included a root on Overload that you no longer get. This point does not refute mine.

Just because everyone has it doesn't negate my point. With the increased survivalbility from Mez Bubble AND these two abilities.. the loss of Electric Bindings is negligible. What's even worse is losing Stun Bubbles and Electric Binding BOTH and only having the two abilities as a substitute.

3) I see the smart sorcs using force surge as a balance. I haven't tested myself, but I believe consumption uses one charge and puddle uses all available charges. Using them interchangeably will probably work best, but if the game allows you to use two charges for consumption and the last one on puddle that will be ideal. I don't know if 3 charges are required or simply all that is there.

If, you were to spec full Corruption then it would require you use Force Surge charges interchangeable. The real question is.. is having Revivification worth the lost of the amazing defense Mez Bubble provides, especially considering Revivification using up so much force and can't be used often. (Situational- the key exception would be Voidstar for obvious reasons)

4) Every talent you take in lightning (outside of what would otherwise be taken in full corruption) is totally useless as a healer outside of the bubble (nerfed into the ground) for survivability. The fact that it kept others alive as well as yourself, AOE root on KB, and extra force regen options were what made the loss of points in corruption acceptable. You now get barely anything out of the bubble (heck, you get nothing if you DoTed them already), you can't get root, and the force regen is the only thing there (which always took you away from healing to spam lightning strike or other abilites).

Anyone trying to play the hybrid to be 50% dps and 50% healing or any other type of hybrid is making a terrible mistake. However, in pvp Burst is king. Having the ability to add in a nice little burst dps never hurts you team. With a quick Lightning Strike and(now buffed) Shock you can throw out a large amount of quick burst damage to potentially overcome an enemy. The only reason you would put anything into Lightning Barrage is for the same affect. Quick, assisted burst. (Aka- not a dps class) In pvp, these abilities are not useless. Although, they are situational.

Now, even though not worthless the extra dps provided does not compare to the 18% buff to Innervate and 6% Bonus healing. However, Mez Bubble is soo good at allowing you to stay alive that it'll allow you to heal much more freely resulting in stronger healing support.

Edited by Xeraz

Instant doughnut and you want to go bubble spec after the giant nerf to it?

Why?

Because in pvp, Defensive Cooldowns make AOE healing that requires you to stand in place look silly.

Edited by Xeraz

Your point is boiling down to survivability of the mezz bubble (Only on yourself) and you don't even take electric bindings? I may be misreading the electric bindings part but either way you are sacrificing HPS for survivability. And not gaining much utility at all. This is basically all survivability

And with operatives getting a roll, with this spec there is no reason to ever bring a sorc. Why would I bring a sorc who has 3/4 of the HPS potential of an operative with less utility to a match? Doughnut got a large buff and is now instant, and bubble got a huge nerf. The whole point was to kill bubble spec...

Roll > Force Speed

Stealth > Invuln, and its on a shorter cd

Now with a doughnut sorcs can hang, but as soon as you take that away from them you are basically an ultra mobile commando with an ally pull and no int shield

I don't see anyone who wants a spot on a ranked team running that spec, ever

Edited by Mookind

The "game" of living all comes down to what you have versus what they have. Currently, every competitive game will have Stun Bubbles on both teams. This means that the Sorc will have a stun bubble to keep people off of him BUT the people trying to get on you will also have a stun bubble. This allows for the abusive mechanics of melee dpsers clicking off the bubble and using it's low resolve CC, thrown into their dps/stun rotation, to burst us.

Come 2.0, this is no longer true. Now The Sorc healer will still have a Mez Bubble to protect himself while the enemy players attacking him will NO LONGER have the Stun Bubble to use against him. As mentioned earlier, this will result in higher survivalbility for the Sorc BUT less overall group utility.

Just because everyone has it doesn't negate my point. With the increased survivalbility from Mez Bubble AND these two abilities.. the loss of Electric Bindings is negligible. What's even worse is losing Stun Bubbles and Electric Binding BOTH and only having the two abilities as a substitute.

If, you were to spec full Corruption then it would require you use Force Surge charges interchangeable. The real question is.. is having Revivification worth the lost of the amazing defense Mez Bubble provides, especially considering Revivification using up so much force and can't be used often. (Situational- the key exception would be Voidstar for obvious reasons)

Anyone trying to play the hybrid to be 50% dps and 50% healing or any other type of hybrid is making a terrible mistake. However, in pvp Burst is king. Having the ability to add in a nice little burst dps never hurts you team. With a quick Lightning Strike and(now buffed) Shock you can throw out a large amount of quick burst damage to potentially overcome an enemy. The only reason you would put anything into Lightning Barrage is for the same affect. Quick, assisted burst. (Aka- not a dps class) In pvp, these abilities are not useless. Although, they are situational.

Now, even though not worthless the extra dps provided does not compare to the 18% buff to Innervate and 6% Bonus healing. However, Mez Bubble is soo good at allowing you to stay alive that it'll allow you to heal much more freely resulting in stronger healing support.

My point is that you are nerfing your own healing in order to gain one ability. One ability that isn't even going to help you much. Heaven forbid the person that pops your bubble has a DoT on them and immediately comes out of their mez. There were only 2 reasons to spec into lightning currently: team stun bubbles that you couldn't do without and rooted knockback. The force regen was necessary due to missing top tier corruption talents, but took away from healing even more.

Now that neither of these are possible, you're speccing 17 points into lightning simply to get a self bubble that has a mez on it and the off chance at about 10k of burst damage on opponents that will have 25k health. Not to mention they took away reduced CD on WW and increased lockout on Jolt. Now the only talents you can get are literally DPS based until you get to Backlash. If you aren't finding Revification worth taking, than you may want to re-evaluate your positioning of it as it can certainly heal up many people at once without clumping them too close together. The range is much farther than the animation makes it seem.

Your point is boiling down to survivability of the mezz bubble (Only on yourself) and you don't even take electric bindings? I may be misreading the electric bindings part but either way you are sacrificing HPS for survivability. And not gaining much utility at all. This is basically all survivability

And with operatives getting a roll, with this spec there is no reason to ever bring a sorc. Why would I bring a sorc who has 3/4 of the HPS potential of an operative with less utility to a match? Doughnut got a large buff and is now instant, and bubble got a huge nerf. The whole point was to kill bubble spec...

Roll > Force Speed

Stealth > Invuln, and its on a shorter cd

Now with a doughnut sorcs can hang, but as soon as you take that away from them you are basically an ultra mobile commando with an ally pull and no int shield

I don't see anyone who wants a spot on a ranked team running that spec, ever

Unless you're implying two Operatives would be better.. I think the ideal situation would be to bring both. Sorc utility is still invaluable and worth having.

My point is that you are nerfing your own healing in order to gain one ability. One ability that isn't even going to help you much. Heaven forbid the person that pops your bubble has a DoT on them and immediately comes out of their mez. There were only 2 reasons to spec into lightning currently: team stun bubbles that you couldn't do without and rooted knockback. The force regen was necessary due to missing top tier corruption talents, but took away from healing even more.

Now that neither of these are possible, you're speccing 17 points into lightning simply to get a self bubble that has a mez on it and the off chance at about 10k of burst damage on opponents that will have 25k health. Not to mention they took away reduced CD on WW and increased lockout on Jolt. Now the only talents you can get are literally DPS based until you get to Backlash. If you aren't finding Revification worth taking, than you may want to re-evaluate your positioning of it as it can certainly heal up many people at once without clumping them too close together. The range is much farther than the animation makes it seem.

I think we might have to agree to disagree. Although I feel both your points and mine have been well articulated at this point.

Unless you're implying two Operatives would be better.. I think the ideal situation would be to bring both. Sorc utility is still invaluable and worth having.

The utility of what? a pull? That is not needed when you are giving up a huge amount of potential HPS for a ****** cc that no one will care about

No one will bring a sorc in that spec over an operative. Completely worthless outside extricate. And even then in all maps but huttball a completely superfluous ability.

Edit - I have a warlord healer op and sorc

Edited by Mookind

The utility of what? a pull? That is not needed when you are giving up a huge amount of potential HPS for a ****** cc that no one will care about

No one will bring a sorc in that spec over an operative. Completely worthless outside extricate. And even then in all maps but huttball a completely superfluous ability.

Edit - I have a warlord healer op and sorc

Actually, Sorc in Bubble mex spec can easily hang with an OP. How do I know? Played both extesively on PTS. I ran Bubble mezz and full corruption. Healed on average the same in both spec. Why? Bubble mez saved my life quite often, and allowed me to heal longer before dieing, Revivification was situation at best, and in the moments where there is enough healing, but not enough deeps, I could throw out some dots and lighting to greater effect than full corruption.

Not to mention the final build hasnt been presented, and wont until the 9th. Not that Bioware is really gonna change anything, but they may.

Bubble mez will be required for rateds because you cant dedicate a tank to babysitting a single healer all the time. If you do, youre gimping your team.

lol you are not going to break 2400 HPS in hybrid

Sorry reality check

I don't know nor care what you have done. If you truly feel that way you are delusional

I spent quite a bit of time on the PTS and had BiS gear and had a few games that were high HPS matches

The highest scoundrel i saw was 2600

Highest sorc was 2400 and he sure as hell wasn't running hybrid

And as an operative i have this magical thing called a *********** flash bang that makes your bubble stun look like a worthless piece of ****

You clearly don't play both classes. And clearly you don't understand what the alacrity changes mean for on operative. Not to mention the other massive buff to our resource via the rework of stim boost. Just because a hybrid corruption sorc can match heals in the current server does not mean that will follow over into 2.0

All good sorcs will run puddle. Full stop

Edited by Mookind

lol you are not going to break 2400 HPS in hybrid

Sorry reality check

I don't know nor care what you have done. If you truly feel that way you are delusional

I spent quite a bit of time on the PTS and had BiS gear and had a few games that were high HPS matches

The highest scoundrel i saw was 2600

Highest sorc was 2400 and he sure as hell wasn't running hybrid

And as an operative i have this magical thing called a *********** flash bang that makes your bubble stun look like a worthless piece of ****

You clearly don't play both classes. And clearly you don't understand what the alacrity changes mean for on operative. Not to mention the other massive buff to our resource via the rework of stim boost. Just because a hybrid corruption sorc can match heals in the current server does not mean that will follow over into 2.0

All good sorcs will run puddle. Full stop

Actually, if what you claim is true, "Good teams" will run two Operative healers. You have basically asserted that Ops have better HPS and Utility.

However- back to reality, Sorcs will still be played.. and we are here comparing different Sorc specs.

Edited by Xeraz

Well I don't disagree about 2 ops being optimum. Assuming you have 3 equally skilled healers 2 ops and 1 sorc I know who I would take. But the HPS limits of the two classes assuming you can get doughnuts off isn't going to make a huge difference

But there will be NO *********** QUESTION who to take if you run a hybrid healer lol

Edited by Mookind

Well I don't disagree about 2 ops being optimum. Assuming you have 3 equally skilled healers 2 ops and 1 sorc I know who I would take. But the HPS limits of the two classes assuming you can get doughnuts off isn't going to make a huge difference

But there will be NO *********** QUESTION who to take if you run a hybrid healer lol

Puddles (or carpets as one of my guildees likes to call them) are instant cast for sorcs for 2.0, FYI. They also have the potential to tick VERY fast if force surge stacks are used correctly. That in combination with using the buffed Innervate with the faster ticks has the potential to heal someone very quickly who's being focused..and generally that person is being rooted or slowed somehow, keeping them in that AOE heal - same with their tank who should have swapped guard to them, so they should be receiving the AOE heal as well.

I find it amazing how people still believe sorcs don't have much utility...we have KB which will now heal allies in the midst of the cone effect, a 30m ranged interrupt, our 8 second whirlwind (although the cast time and useage is debatable), our purge is the only one that removes force based CC and dots (that whirlwind on you over there? yeah ops/mercs can't cleanse that...have fun in the air for 8 full seconds if your cc breaker is down), our bubble is still very strong even though it won't be bursting in the faces of melee anymore really...honestly if a sorc isn't using any utility abilities, they aren't playing their character for what it's worth. Turret healer sorcs belong in PvE, not in PvP imo.

When I said doughnuts off I meant in good positions. Not his ability to actually get it out lol

The only force debuffs in the average ranked match you need to worry about is force crush. The rest is pointless to cleanse unless its another slow. Healers throwing out affliction, why the **** would i not just hot through it...? Not to mention sorc DPS will be viable in 2.0 probably. So this is not a greatly valued attribute.

The interrupt is a big boon to utility. Especially with the stalkers. Probably one of the biggest thing sorcs have going for them IMO

Heal overload is cool but you are going to piss off every melee DPS in your match spamming that ****. I don't count it for much utility.

Whirlwind sucks and if you have time as a sorc healer to sit there and cast it on an enemy they are doing it wrong. Flashbang is many times over the better abil

And remember operatives have roll/stealth/sap/fashbang/evasion(which got a huge buff)/30 sec cd single target stun with movement boost.

Operatives got massive buffs in 2.0 while the sorcs got just mediocre ones. They reworked our energy and energy cost. They literally halved the cost of kolto probe from 15 to 8 lol.

Anyone thinking sorcs are king of the hill are gonna have a rude awakening when 2.0 gets here

When I said doughnuts off I meant in good positions. Not his ability to actually get it out lol

The only force debuffs in the average ranked match you need to worry about is force crush. The rest is pointless to cleanse unless its another slow. Healers throwing out affliction, why the **** would i not just hot through it...? Not to mention sorc DPS will be viable in 2.0 probably. So this is not a greatly valued attribute.

The interrupt is a big boon to utility. Especially with the stalkers. Probably one of the biggest thing sorcs have going for them IMO

Heal overload is cool but you are going to piss off every melee DPS in your match spamming that ****. I don't count it for much utility.

Whirlwind sucks and if you have time as a sorc healer to sit there and cast it on an enemy they are doing it wrong. Flashbang is many times over the better abil

And remember operatives have roll/stealth/sap/fashbang/evasion(which got a huge buff)/30 sec cd single target stun with movement boost.

Operatives got massive buffs in 2.0 while the sorcs got just mediocre ones. They reworked our energy and energy cost. They literally halved the cost of kolto probe from 15 to 8 lol.

Anyone thinking sorcs are king of the hill are gonna have a rude awakening when 2.0 gets here

You can make all the big bold statements you like, you can insult me all you like, but you cant change fact.

Pure HPS is nice in in an ideal situation, and I agree that a full corruption sorc and a Medic OP will out heal a hybid corruption anyday of the week given the ideal situation and while not being focused. However, in a real environment (that thing called rateds), while under pressure a hybrid corruption will heal for more and offer more utility.

You say flash bang is better than bubble mez, I disagree. You can flash bang once a minute, it fills resolve, and if broken early; there goes your 8 second mez for the next minute. I can bubble mez four times a minute, it doesnt fill resolve (opening the possibility of a hard stun without filling resolve), absorbs damage (approx 5k worth in non BiS gear), and when used with speed and overload provides great kiting abilities and survivability while under pressure.

Yes, OPs get the new roll and better energy management in 2.0, but speed goes farther, and uses no resource.

I played both extensively on the PTS, and by no means am I the best OP healer or the best sorc healer, however Sorc has better staying power, better synergy with every tank, and better survivability than an OP. We are still heavily lacking in a few things, but bubble > HoT anyday, Unnatural Preservation > Surgical Probe and Innervate > Kolto Injection. Hell even Dark Heal > Kolto Infusion, even with the change to KI, and to top it off Dark Infussion + Recklessness equates to some heavy healing when you need it.

In my opinion a sorc plus OP combo is the best. Rolling HoTs on someone while they are bubbled is the greatest "set it and forget it" heal combo in the game.

Lastly, I dont care what kind of HPS you can hit against scrub teams, or in ideal situations, because most of the time you wont have them.

Back on topic of the thread though:

While corruption puts out more HPS, but due to survivability issues and the need to dedicate a tank, I foresee hybrib bubble mez as the lead for rateds. I know, loosing out on that delicious Innervate tick reduction blows, but being able to give the middle finger a leaper or to a stealther makes me laugh every time.

Giving the proverbial "middle finger" isn't worth the 10 extra points in the lightning tree since the only person who actually gets the bubble mez is yourself for ranked warzones. Too much of a loss to overall HPS - I forsee full Corruption spec'd sorc healers honestly.