The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dusted off my PT...read about 2.0 changes

thecoffeeguy

he means pvp , the nerfs and buffs were focused on pvp, balancing pve is easy.

If balancing PVE were easy, they would buff the DoT on TD now so that PVE players would have a reason to take it. But they won't do it. Hence, no TD builds are still better for PVE, but the DPS output is much less potent (i.e. bad) with the absurd CGC nerf.

I see how nerfing the dot to bring the class into line with the other classes (which mostly take a big hit when they start moving a lot) makes sense. What I don't fully understand is how AP still being 200 DPS behind a Pyro makes any sense. It's harder to play, it's more sensitive to movement, and now it's has no real unique attributes to commend it to a team. That should = more damage. Or did I miss something?

Hey guys. I've seen a lot of posts about "nerfs" to Advanced Prototype. In reality, AP was nerfed only on PTS. For 2.0, we initially made some errors in AP's balance, which we later corrected on the PTS.

Players coming to 2.0 straight from the live game will not see any nerfs to Advanced Prototype. Some damage has been moved from some skills and put into other skills, but AP is not getting nerfed from the live game to 2.0. In fact, like every other skill tree, AP is receiving the appropriate amount of damage increases to see it hitting new targets at level 55.

Mr. Peckenpaugh, the situation is pretty much what ScytheEleven described it was. Advanced Prototype is seen as lackluster in both PvP and PvE. The problem has been exacerbated a bit because Hydraulic Overrides is no longer unique and because we lost the surge bonus on flame burst.

It seems as though you are hesitant to buff Advanced Prototype, but it really needs at the very least some quality of life improvements. From the pvp standpoint, I urge you to at least brainstorm an idea of how to help us get the prototype flamethrower off in a battle. Its too easy to stun us through it. Please, at least think about it.

On a side note, I would like to thank Mr. Peckenpaugh at the very least for helping Lethality Operatives a little bit in the area of having the dots not break our soft stuns and having a chance to proc another cull and a free kolto infusion. Changes like that really make a spec like that even more fun to play, and that is why we are hoping for something cool to Advance Prototype.

Hey guys. I've seen a lot of posts about "nerfs" to Advanced Prototype. In reality, AP was nerfed only on PTS. For 2.0, we initially made some errors in AP's balance, which we later corrected on the PTS.

Players coming to 2.0 straight from the live game will not see any nerfs to Advanced Prototype. Some damage has been moved from some skills and put into other skills, but AP is not getting nerfed from the live game to 2.0. In fact, like every other skill tree, AP is receiving the appropriate amount of damage increases to see it hitting new targets at level 55.

Mr.APeckenpaugh, you are wrong. The reason we are all protesting and asking for changes is that we actually PARSED the DPS and checked all the changes on our own.

The ridiculous response like this comes from the simple fact that you haven't tested it on your own. AP is very underpowered now, and will continue to suck post 2.0 PERIOD. Especially after removing it's key rotation skill 30% crit damage bonus (Flame burst/Ion Pulse), messing up the Charged Gauntlets and not providing any kind of solution to make Pulse Cannon/flamethrower viable in PVP, Those changes alone makes it weak, but if you also add to it, that the current Tactics/AP spec is weak for above mentioned player versus player environment, due to Pulse Cannon/Flamethrower stationary channeling and the lack of any protection against long channel time even on 3 stacks (yes everyone knows how to stun and with the amount of stuns uninterruptability is nothing...) you will get the picture if you read that.

Stop saying nonsense and listen to the community. Their are players that were dedicated to it, and were testing it on PTS. They play the class more than you do probably, so they might be right you know?

As for Pyrotech/Assault, you realize that we are talking about PVE where the full spec is still WORSE than hybrid, and even as a hybrid parses lower than most dps specs on PTS? The nerf to CGC/PC was to big. If you were afraid that Volatile Igniter/Hyper Assault Cell will be to strong you should change that skill instead of ruining CGC itself.

Edited by Nezyrworks