The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear Mod level to Character Level

Starglitter

Hi:

I am very new to game, and to this forum as well, while I did search for the answer to this question, I could not get the specific answer. The good news that a bunch of other questions did get answered along the way.

While I learned about the different types of mods armor, gear, and weapons could have, how to take them out, and place them, what I could not find was some kind of table or advice guiding me on what level mod makes sense to have while I level, for instance at level 20, should my orange gear have mod level 5s? Or would that be too low?

As I said, I just began to play this game, maybe 4 days ago, so I have a lot of learning to do, and will be very grateful for any advice you can share with me.

Thank You

Starglitter

The mods themselves have a level requirement. So for level 20 you'll want mods as close to 20 as you can get. Which in your case you'll want level 19 armoring. The mods and enhancements you'll want to swap out every time you can.

Every mod, armoring and enhancement has a minimum level requirement and a number.

Ex. Resolve armoring 7

Level requirement 19

The seven (7) just means that it's the 7th in the order of resolve armorings so you can completely ignore those numbers while leveling and simply look at the level requirement instead, keep the latter as close to your own level as possible/you can afford but beware that a lvl 17 mod can be better than a lvl 19 mod if the lvl 17 mod is purple and the lvl 19 mod is green....and so on...

Since everything at end-game, currently level 50, has the level 50 requirement it's easier to look at the mod's number. The best mods atm carry the number 27 (resolve armoring 27 etc), it's also correlating with the rating of the piece.

Also, mods will show up as one level higher than their requirement when you put them in gear.

Edited by MidichIorian