The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Enough with the huge Jet/back packs....

Ryeko

Ah, "The Heartless Pursuer Armor....."Yet, another somewhat decent armor set WRECKED (IMO obviously) by the goofy "Hoover Vacuum," sorry I mean "jet pack" on the back of the chest piece. For the love of the force! Why not come out with some of these styles of BH or Trooper armor without the backpacks/jet packs that are huge, stick out way too far, and actually take away from the armor's decent aesthetic.

Yes, I know "there are only so many ways to make robes different." That quote is an answer given by a Bioware producer at the SF Cantina Tour. He was answering a question about the goofy shoulder pieces on armors. Hey, guess what? Sometimes less is more. Not every trooper, or BH armor needs to have a huge back pack, jet pack on it. Just like not all robes, and other armor need extra shoulder doo-dads on them. Why not try some that are toned down? Or at least some with the back packs the make them thinner like the Rakata or Containment Officer sets, then again, those have the goofy anemometer antenna. What is my trooper doing trying to predict wind speeds for incoming thunder storms?

Edited by Ryeko

We know dude. They're just pushing through what they have left. I hope they do have new sets ready, they just want to make as much money on the old ones. that's why they're stalling. The sets they pushed since december were from character creation, fleet comm vendor and a gree rep gear. The only special one was the Valiant set. I do hope they have more similar to Valiant. But I hate that they're stalling!

I think it's Imperator chest piece which has a really nice and small jetpack.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have a Twi'lek bounty hunter and everything clips with his lekku, since practically all heavy armor outfits come with these things on the back! I don't play him much because I'm still trying to find a good look for him which doesn't drive me nuts. So I vote for this too.

The only toon that even uses it is the bounty hunter with the "death from above" move... that is a small population of players and yet, several pieces have it. They just need to offer it in 2 versions.... but if you are a BH, it actually works when using that move, it does look cool.

Jetpacks don't need to be oversized. I recommend taking a glance at Imperator chest piece (Dromund Kaas planetary arc reward).

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/td-17aimperatorback.jpg

Doable? Doable. Stop with oversized back packs, shoulders and hoods. :l I mean - do them, sure but don't make them so darn common. I love diversity. I want diversity. More choices please.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I dont care about the The Heartless Pursuer Armor Set, but add me to the list of people that are frustrated at backpacks and things.

I have a twilek Powertech, and just cant bring myself to play it because theres very little that doesnt clip badly. Its either the snorkel or backpack that badly clips.

The devs state the the lekku issue is a hard one to deal with, but it seems as if the designers are not even thinking about twileks when designing the gear.

All it would take is to now and then release armours with no/low protruding bits so the lekku doesnt clip. It doesnt have to be "twilek armour", just a little occasional consideration by designers for chest pieces.

There are some Mandalores on Kaas that have some lovely armour that looks like a lot of the bounty hunter chest pieces, but dont have the snorkel coming out of the chest and dont have big back packs. But even the existing chest pieces, which there are about 20 different colours and types would be great if you removed the snorkel and back piece.