The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0 PVE Spec?

Since they removed the Charged Gauntlets hybrid I've been trying other hybrid builds and speccing with 1 - 22 - 23 has been parsing highest for me so far.

In this build you get Prototype Flamethrower from AP and up to Firebug in Pyro, however you have to miss out on Burnout.

Is it considered worth it for Operation boss fights to have Prototype Flamethrower and miss out on Burnout?

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

Since they removed the Charged Gauntlets hybrid I've been trying other hybrid builds and speccing with 1 - 22 - 23 has been parsing highest for me so far.

In this build you get Prototype Flamethrower from AP and up to Firebug in Pyro, however you have to miss out on Burnout.

Is it considered worth it for Operation boss fights to have Prototype Flamethrower and miss out on Burnout?

Probably. Burnout is less effective now that your CGC does much less damage. Your burning dots used to account for about 30%-35% of your overall damage. Now it is around 20%. I'm pretty sure the hybrid with PFT will out damage pyro in most boss fights. The only one I can think of that may be a problem is the first boss of S&V, because of movement and knockbacks, which will screw with your flamethrower, but every other fight should be fine.

Edited by bbare