APAC players getting refunds on the Expansion

Obirayy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and a lot of us our leaving and want a refund, k thnx bye. There are other MMOs that care about ALL of their player base but this is not one of them, not enough money coming out of the APAC pockets compared to american and EU.

Or maybe there just aren't enough people to sustain The servers or apparently even 1 server. Your "OMG THEY HATE US AND DONT WANT US TO PLAY BECAUSE WE ARE THE UNWASHED!" routine is rather ridiculous. It seems to me that they are doing what they can yo give you a home. Hell they even went out of their way to start up your own servers. That doesn't seem to me, to be the actions of people that just want to write you off. Your righteous indignation is misplaced. Now if you wanted to argue that their lack of updates and current development model made an already anemic APAC pop even lower you might have an argument, but the "they don't give a **** about us because we aren't one of them" argument is petty and absurd.

Almost immediately our servers died? Your bloody US servers lost MILLIONS of subscribers! MILLIONS!

We asked for a merge.... Everybody wanted a merge. We got closed down.

Australians won't be playing... Have a fun year and a half US. I picked Biowares response on APAC and i'm confident on that time frame.

At best guess the total population of SW:TOR subscriptions dropped from a high of 1.7-million to 1.2 million and then to perhaps a low of 500,000.

Last I checked EA did consolidate servers on the NA side and then restructured the entire revenue model for the game in an attempt to save it from failure.

The difference between APAC and NA servers for instance is that the F2P transition actually stimulated a significant increase in player-base and revenue on the NA side.

Best indication is that the same was not true of APAC.

Insofar as asking for a merge...I repeat, EA is a company that just had a year of semi-panic amongst their investors over the future of this title that resulted in a complete re-design of the revenue stream and likely cost the last CEO his position.

If APAC had the population to sustain a superior ROI independently, as opposed to the current model, the multi-million dollar profit-driven company that controls the game would retain its localized investments!

Business decisions are made to maximize profits; they are not made out of avarice.

Merging the servers and maintaining localized support despite a low-population was one of the options the player-base looked at. That option would have in no way fixed the population issues you have been complaining about for months.

In the end this decision is a concession on EA's part that they cannot sustain a high-enough profit to justify maintaining the APAC market.

Recognizing the reality of business decisions is not an "apology," it is merely the application of rational and logical analysis in the stead of emotional outburst.

Join the NA-Servers and keep playing the game or quit the game.

Those are the choices.

I would assume individuals who enjoy SW:TOR this much would give logging onto the NA-Servers a shot in an attempt to continue playing it.

At best guess the total population of SW:TOR subscriptions dropped from a high of 1.7-million to 1.2 million and then to perhaps a low of 500,000.

Last I checked EA did consolidate servers on the NA side and then restructured the entire revenue model for the game in an attempt to save it from failure.

The difference between APAC and NA servers for instance is that the F2P transition actually stimulated a significant increase in player-base and revenue on the NA side.

Insofar as asking for a merge...I repeat, EA is a company that just had a year of semi-panic amongst their investors over the future of this title that resulted in a complete re-design of the revenue stream and likely cost the last CEO his position.

If APAC had the population to sustain a superior ROI independently, as opposed to the current model, the multi-million dollar profit-driven company that controls the game would retain its localized investments!

Business decisions are made to maximize profits; they are not made out of avarice.

Merging the servers and maintaining localized support despite a low-population was one of the options the player-base looked at. That option would have in no way fixed the population issues you have been complaining about for months.

In the end this decision is a concession on EA's part that they cannot sustain a high-enough profit to justify maintaining the APAC market.

Recognizing the reality of business decisions is not an "apology," it is merely the application of rational and logical analysis in the stead of emotional outburst.

Those are the choices.

I would assume individuals who enjoy SW:TOR this much would give logging onto the NA-Servers a shot in an attempt to continue playing it.

Im affraid Ice has it right, My local butcher doesnt sell wild boar sausages to the Nepalese because its not a good buisness decision, the same applies here. if the Nepalese want wild boar sausages then they will need to visit my local butcher where he will be happy to sell them some. BW cant make money with servers in APAC areas so unfortunatly you guys will have to visit the butcher. its a shame for you guys and i sympathise.

Edited by Apeth

Im affraid Ice has it right, My local butcher doesnt sell wild boar sausages to the Nepalese because its not a good buisness decision, the same applies here. if the Nepalese want wild boar sausages then they will need to visit my local butcher where he will be happy to sell them some. BW cant make money with servers in APAC areas so unfortunatly you guys will have to visit the butcher. its a shame for you guys and i sympathise.

you have a local butcher? where do you live? the 1800's?

Those are the choices.

After reading your post, I would tend to agree with you. I have played on the US servers and it's **** in terms of latency, so I will be quitting.

This thread however is about obtaining a refund for those that are quitting. I paid for the expac under the assumption I could continue to play this game with the excellent latency I currently get, as this is no longer going to be the case, I want my money back.

How can we obtain a refund?

After reading your post, I would tend to agree with you. I have played on the US servers and it's **** in terms of latency, so I will be quitting.

This thread however is about obtaining a refund for those that are quitting. I paid for the expac under the assumption I could continue to play this game with the excellent latency I currently get, as this is no longer going to be the case, I want my money back.

as has been said about 800 times on 50 different threads about this same issue, submit an in-game ticket.

Yeah, the point is that EA and Bioware are not required, in any legal fashion, to provide a refund for a product you are choosing not to use due to a latency issue.

Work through in-game Customer Support and you might be successful.

They likely already have a policy in place for APAC-cancellations and refund requests, time to find out what it is.

So....let's see if I understand this.

APAC players prefeer to play in APAC servers with low population than in US servers with high population servers.

Soz, I don't understand your logic.

The game is not about population, we have a dedicated 16 man team, with subs so we can do the 24 man content. We don't need a high population, we need a latency that allows us to get the end game content done. And from a PVPers point of view they want fair competitive play.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

i played NA server from the start also before the aussie ones but then changed for better ping not long after they died i did quit the game. i started playing again back on NA servers and love it that ping jump is not that bad and you can use things like battle ping or something if you want to get lower ping, but ping vs more people to play the game with that's not friends and having to wait for them to be on all the time to do anything id take the more people any day , but thats me. I Play a MMO for that reason for the people online if not id play just some other 1 player game Edited by Gamebeep

The game is not about population, we have a dedicated 16 man team, with subs so we can do the 24 man content. We don't need a high population, we need a latency that allows us to get the end game content done. And from a PVPers point of view they want fair competitive play.

this doesn't clear up any confusion. fair competitive play only works with high populations. and this is an mmo. high populations are absolutely essential. not to mention the whole business aspect of EA needs there to be a high population in order to say they're making enough of a profit for the servers to be a worthwhile investment

I get your point and understand it...but this is an MMO and every MMO is ABOUT POPULATION. My fleet has 400ppl every afternoon, ilum is full of people every gree event, WZ pops up almost instantly and I can do 5-6 HMFP every day if not playing with a tank.

You have so much ping in other servers?

this doesn't clear up any confusion. fair competitive play only works with high populations. and this is an mmo. high populations are absolutely essential. not to mention the whole business aspect of EA needs there to be a high population in order to say they're making enough of a profit for the servers to be a worthwhile investment

Fair competitive play only works when players experience the game the same, there is nothing fair about a player with 300ms coming up against one at 20ms. Or two OP guilds attempting for server first, and the 300ms guild loses, as they can't interrupt a 1 second cast that is required for the fight because of latency.If you don't understand that...then ****, I am just wasting my time

As for the business side of things, that is not why I am complaining. If they are making it because of business reasons that is fine, just come out and say that, then refund the money you got out of me for the expac, as I don't wont to play a game with such a high latency.

I get your point and understand it...but this is an MMO and every MMO is ABOUT POPULATION. My fleet has 400ppl every afternoon, ilum is full of people every gree event, WZ pops up almost instantly and I can do 5-6 HMFP every day if not playing with a tank.

You have so much ping in other servers?

Yes unfortunately we do get such high pings, that is one the main reason I picked up SWTOR, because of the aussie servers.

As for the population thing, pvp ques take about 30 mins off peak and about 5 mins during peak. The gree event was heaps of fun with a least 60 people on illum duke'ng it out. I don't have a problem with the population, and I am on the lowest pop aussie server, some people do, that is why we think they should have just opened up mergers to one server then shipped everyone who didn't want merge to the US.

Fair competitive play only works when players experience the game the same, there is nothing fair about a player with 300ms coming up against one at 20ms. Or two OP guilds attempting for server first, and the 300ms guild loses, as they can't interrupt a 1 second cast that is required for the fight because of latency.If you don't understand that...then ****, I am just wasting my time

As for the business side of things, that is not why I am complaining. If they are making it because of business reasons that is fine, just come out and say that, then refund the money you got out of me for the expac, as I don't wont to play a game with such a high latency.

no i do get it. and i really do feel for the people on the APAC server, but the rage against EA and Bioware over a decision that they had to make is kind of unwarranted. I don't know what their feelings are on a refund, but you should, I would think at least, be entitled to that much. It really doesn't matter how the company phrases what they're saying when they make a change, it's always for the same reason and any other explanation is simply to soften the blow. It's always about profit. Also, I don't know if you're aware, but as there have been many people from the APAC servers complaining about low populations, and as the populations combined weren't high enough to warrant a merger, this decision really shouldn't be that surprising. Disappointing, sure, but there's not really anything to be done about it.

no i do get it. and i really do feel for the people on the APAC server, but the rage against EA and Bioware over a decision that they had to make is kind of unwarranted. I don't know what their feelings are on a refund, but you should, I would think at least, be entitled to that much. It really doesn't matter how the company phrases what they're saying when they make a change, it's always for the same reason and any other explanation is simply to soften the blow. It's always about profit. Also, I don't know if you're aware, but as there have been many people from the APAC servers complaining about low populations, and as the populations combined weren't high enough to warrant a merger, this decision really shouldn't be that surprising. Disappointing, sure, but there's not really anything to be done about it.

This is all well and good, that is why this thread is titled "APAC players getting refunds on the Expansion" because are trying to get a refund. Yeah it sucks, yeah I am pissed, yeah I understand that nothing can be done about it. I am here in this thread trying to ascertain the best way to go about getting a refund for the expac.

This is all well and good, that is why this thread is titled "APAC players getting refunds on the Expansion" because are trying to get a refund. Yeah it sucks, yeah I am pissed, yeah I understand that nothing can be done about it. I am here in this thread trying to ascertain the best way to go about getting a refund for the expac.

i advise submitting an in-game ticket. if that doesn't work, call customer support.

A server box can cost about 800 - 3 grand AUD a month so the server costs are nothing to maintain.

I know this due to owning a Web hosting company which I sold gaming servers.

Thanks for this info. Also how long were the contracts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.